This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: the article has content which is finished. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Sridhar Vembu |
|Headquarters||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
Number of employees
Zoho Corporation is an Indian software development company. The organization focuses on web-based business tools and information technology, including an office tools suite, Internet of things management platform, and a suite of IT management software. The company was founded in 1996 by Sridhar Vembu and Tony Thomas in Pleasanton, California, and currently holds its presence in seven countries with its global headquarters in Chennai. Vembu has a PhD in electrical engineering from Princeton and started his career at Qualcomm in 1994.
From 1996 to 2009, the company was known as AdventNet, Inc.
AdventNet expanded operations into Japan in June, 2001. Zoho CRM was released in 2005, followed by the releases of Projects, Creator and Sheet in 2006. Zoho expanded into the collaboration space with the release of Zoho Docs and Zoho Meeting in 2007. In 2008 the company added invoicing and mail applications, and claims to have reached 10 lakh (1 million) users by August of that year.
Each year since 2005, Zoho has released additional applications, and in 2017 released Zoho One, a comprehensive suite of 40+ Zoho Applications.
Recently, Zoho reached a big milestone of 50 million customers across the globe.
On January 07th, 2020, the assertion of CEO of Zoho Corporation in attending a RSS meet held by Hindu Nationalists representing Zoho in the event details attracted the ire of many to call for its boycott.
Zoho is headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and as of 2019 has 12 offices around the world. Its US headquarters is currently in Pleasanton, California  with plans to move to Austin, Texas by 2021. The research and development campus is in Estancia IT Park, Chennai. Zoho has an office at Tenkasi district, Tamil Nadu, from where their product Zoho Desk was built and launched. The company operates in China and also has offices in Singapore and Japan. The bulk of its support operations are carried out from its office in Chennai.Zoho also has an office in Renigunta, Andhra Pradesh and has been operating from this office since 2018.
Also, the criticism was for the flyer for the event carrying his name along with the corporate credential name of Zoho Corporation as CEO to endorse the event. Since then, groups of twitter users declared to switch products from Zoho to another alternative.
The managing director and head of operation of Accenture, Rama S Ramachandran, who was also mentioned in the event as a guest of honor had clarified that he has no affiliation with RSS and had never agreed to speak or attend the event.
- Palliyalil, Rasheed (13 December 2018). "Zoho Analytics offers data auto-blending and AI-powered assistance for making smarter business decisions". Thomson Reuters Zawya. Retrieved 28 December 2018.
- "How Sridhar Vembu's Zoho Corporation changed avatars since its inception in 1996 as AdventNet". The Economic Times. 2011-11-18. Retrieved 2019-08-30.
- Arakali, Harichandan (6 June 2016). "The Bootstrapped Buddhist: How Sridhar Vembu built Zoho". Forbes India. Archived from the original on 21 October 2016. Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- Kumar, K. Bharat (2016-05-08). "The maverick who shuns investors". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-07-22.
- "About Zoho - Our Story, List of Products". Zoho Corporation. Retrieved 28 December 2018.
- "Zoho achieves 50 million business users - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2020-01-11.
- Quint, The (January 7, 2020). "#BoycottZoho Trends After CEO Accepts Invite to RSS Event". The Quint. Retrieved January 7, 2020.
- Koshi, Luke (Jan 6, 2020). "Zoho CEO slammed for being guest at RSS event, he retorts that he works as per conscience". The News Minute. Retrieved Jan 9, 2020.
- Singh, Upneet (Jan 7, 2020). "Zoho CEO defends proposed attendance at Indian right wing organisation event amid severe backlash". The Tech Portal. Retrieved Jan 9, 2020.
- "Cloud services firm Zoho to shift U.S. headquarters". The Hindu. 2019-07-15. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-07-22.
- Cantu, Tony (April 9, 2019). "California Software Firm Zoho To Move Headquarters To Austin". Patch Media. Retrieved April 10, 2019.
- "How Zoho Aims To Put Tenkasi On The Map With Zoho Desk-A Product Built In The Downtown Of Nowhere". Inc42. 22 November 2016.
- D'Monte, Leslie (24 November 2014). "Is Zoho the future of enterprise software?". Livemint. HT Media Ltd. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
Developers at zoho’s office in Ramapuram, Chennai. Zoho has around 2,600 employees, of which about 96% are based in India.
- "Zoho Corporation eyes 100 million users of its products in five years". Financial Express. 8 August 2015. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- "Zoho Corporation opens office at Renigunta". The Hindu Business Line. 13 January 2018.
- News, PTI (Jan 6, 2020). "IT officials taking part in RSS event invite Twitterati's ire". Yahoo News. Retrieved Jan 9, 2020.
- Simhan, TE Raja (Jan 7, 2020). "Twitterati criticise Sridhar Vembu, Accenture official over attending RSS event". Retrieved Jan 9, 2020.
- Vaitheesvaran, Bharani (Jan 7, 2020). "My views, my events: Zoho Chief Vembu asserts after tweet rage over RSS event". Economic Times. Retrieved Jan 9, 2020.
- Staff, Swarajya (Jan 8, 2020). "'I Will Do What My Conscience Dictates': Zoho CEO Sridhar Vembu Responds After Criticism Over Attending RSS Event". Swarajya. Retrieved Jan 8, 2020.
- Bhalla, Kritti (January 7, 2020). "Zoho CEO Defends Attending RSS Event Amid Twitter Outrage". Inc42. Retrieved January 7, 2020.
- Chennai, PTI (Jan 8, 2020). "Accenture boss clears RSS air". The Telegraph. Retrieved Jan 9, 2020.
- Lormen, Abigale (Jan 9, 2020). "Accenture India MD backs out of attending RSS event in Chennai". Times of India. Retrieved Jan 9, 2020.
- Staff, JKR (Jan 9, 2020). "Accenture chief backs out of RSS event after protests, Zoho founder Sridhar Vembu says he will attend because of his 'conscience' call". Janta Ka Reporter. Retrieved Jan 9, 2020.
- Vaitheesvaran, Bharani (Jan 7, 2020). "Never agreed to participate in RSS event: Accenture India top exec". The Economic Times. Retrieved Jan 7, 2020.
- Stross, Randall (April 4, 2009). "Web-Based Competition for Microsoft Word". The New York Times. Retrieved November 7, 2016.
- "Zoho CRM Upgrade Targets Salesforce". InformationWeek. October 30, 2016. Retrieved November 7, 2016.
- "Zoho scores big with India-made software, but shuns IPO and venture capital". Hindustan Times. November 14, 2014. Retrieved November 7, 2016.