Zachary David Massey
|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Tennessee's 1st district
November 8, 1910 – March 3, 1911
|Preceded by||Walter P. Brownlow|
|Succeeded by||Sam R. Sells|
|Member of the Tennessee Senate|
|Born||November 14, 1864|
Marshall, North Carolina
|Died||July 13, 1923 (aged 58)|
|Spouse(s)||Sally Josephine Mullendore Massey|
|Children||Beulah Massey |
Roy Hardee Massey
Constance "Cleo" Massey
Juanita MasseyRobert Massey
|Alma mater||Louisville (Kentucky) Medical College|
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Branch/service||United States Army|
|Unit||6th U.S. Volunteer Infantry|
Massey taught in the public schools of Marshall from 1882 to 1886. He married Sally Josephine Mullendore on November 25, 1886, and they had six children, Beulah, Roy, Blanche, Constance, Juanita, and Robert. He studied medicine in the Louisville (Kentucky) Medical College and commenced the practice of his profession in Wears Valley, Tennessee in 1889. He moved to Sevierville, Tennessee in Sevier County in 1890.
During the Spanish–American War, Massey served as an assistant surgeon with The Sixth Regiment, United States Volunteer Infantry, also known as the "Sixth Immunes." The unit served its term of service in the continental U.S. and in Puerto Rico from 1898 to 1899.
Massey was elected as a Republican to the Sixty-first Congress to fill the vacancy caused by the death of Walter P. Brownlow. He served from November 8, 1910 to March 3, 1911, but he was not a candidate for renomination in 1910. He resumed the practice of medicine and also engaged in the real estate business.
- "Zachary D. Massey". Ancestry.com. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- "Zachary D. Massey". Spanamwar.com. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- "Zachary D. Massey". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- "Zachary D. Massey". Govtrack US Congress. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- "Zachary D. Massey". The Political Graveyard. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- United States Congress. "Zachary D. Massey (id: M000230)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
- Zachary D. Massey at Find a Grave
|U.S. House of Representatives|
|Preceded by |
Walter P. Brownlow
| Member of the U.S. House of Representatives |
from Tennessee's 1st congressional district
November 8, 1910 - March 3, 1911
Sam R. Sells
|61st||Senate: J. Frazier Sr. • R. Taylor||House: J. Moon • T. Sims • L. Padgett • F. Garrett • W. Houston • G. Gordon • C. Hull • J. Byrns Sr. • R. Austin • Z. Massey|