Featured and good topics in Wikipediafeatured topic is a collection of inter-related articles that are of a good quality (though are not necessarily featured articles).
This page is for the nomination of potential featured and good topics. See the good and featured topic criteria for criteria on both types of topic. If you would like to ask any questions about your topic and the featured topic process before submitting it, visit Wikipedia talk:Featured topic candidates.
Before nominating a topic, nominators may wish to receive feedback by listing it at Featured topic questions. Nominators must be sufficiently familiar with the subject matter and sources to deal with objections during the FTC/GTC process. If you nominate something you have worked on, note it as a self-nomination. Nominators who are not significant contributors to the articles of the topic should consult regular editors of the articles prior to nomination. Nominators are expected to respond positively to constructive criticism and to make an effort to address objections promptly.
The featured topic director, GamerPro64, or his delegate Juhachi, determine the timing of the process for each nomination. For a nomination to be promoted to FT or GT status, consensus must be reached for a group to be promoted to featured or good topic status. If enough time passes without objections being resolved, nominations will be removed from the candidates topic and archived.You may want to check previous archived nominations first:
Good and featured topic tools:
To create a new nomination use the form below (e.g., Wikipedia:Featured topic candidates/Saffron/archive1) and click the "Create new nomination" button.
Once the nomination page is created, remember to transclude it in the appropriate section below, to leave nomination templates on the talk pages of the articles nominated for the topic, and to create appropriate books (see Book:Jupiter for a good example). For detailed instructions on how to nominate topics or add articles to existing topics, see Wikipedia:Featured topic candidates/Nomination procedure.
Supporting and objecting
Please review all the articles of the nominated topic with the featured topic criteria in mind before deciding to support or oppose a nomination. Following the creation of the book, Cyberbot I will create a book report (see example) containing details about cleanup issues (only those that have been flagged with cleanup templates, so it may not pick up everything), and various tools to inspect external links or resolve disambiguation pages. It can be a good idea to check the report and inspect links to see if certain articles need some cleanup (doing this before the nomination is even better).
For a topic to be promoted to featured topic status, consensus must be reached that it meets the criteria. If enough time passes without objections being resolved (at least one week), nominations will be removed from the candidates list and archived. Nominations will stay here for ten days if there is unanimous consent, or longer if warranted by debate.
- 1 Nomination procedure
- 2 Supporting and objecting
- 3 Featured topic nominations
- 4 Good topic nominations
- 5 Topic removal candidates
Featured topic nominations
14 articlesNashville Sounds
I am nominating this for featured topic because I believe it exemplifies some of Wikipedia's best work, especially in the area of Minor Leagues Baseball. All articles and lists are featured except List of Nashville Sounds no-hitters, which has too few items (it has been peer reviewed). NatureBoyMD (talk) 01:34, 4 September 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose Without Redbirds–Sounds rivalry and First Tennessee Field the topic is incomplete. Armbrust The Homunculus 20:41, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
- I disagree. While both articles pertain to the Sounds, they do not contribute to one’s overall understanding of the team. Redbirds–Sounds rivalry addresses their competition against one team. First Tennessee Field is about a failed attempt to secure a new ballpark that didn’t get past the planning stage. Much of the relevant info is covered in Herschel Greer Stadium and First Tennessee Park. NatureBoyMD (talk) 23:08, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
Good topic nominations
This topic is already featured. It is being re-nominated to add additional items. See Wikipedia talk:Featured topics/NWA World Historic Light Heavyweight Championship for discussions of the topic's previous nominations. The additional items are:
6 articlesNWA World Historic Light Heavyweight Championship
- Support: Seems like a straightforward addition of the new title holder. Stuka Jr. needs to be added to the topic box, and when you do I'd recommend putting the articles into some sort of order (they don't currently appear to be either alphabetical or chronological?). -Bryan Rutherford (talk) 00:42, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
Two astronauts crashed a jet into the very building that housed the spacecraft they were to fly in.
3 articles1966 NASA T-38 crash
Both the crash and the involved astronauts are GA. --06:31, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
5 articlesCharacters of Halo
- Contributor(s): KingSkyLord
- Support: Seems to cover the indicated scope, including all articles in the category at GA or better. I don't feel qualified to assess whether these are indeed all of the Halo characters who are notable enough to merit articles, but assuming it should be just these four, then the topic looks ready to me. -Bryan Rutherford (talk) 16:14, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support: Nice work getting Cortana promoted to GA status. The topic is fully covered so there is no reason to not promote this imo. Aoba47 (talk) 18:03, 6 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Great job in restoring this topic. Maybe this more complicated one can get the same treatment? igordebraga ≠ 02:48, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support. No issues apparent that prevent this. Nice job. - Bryn (talk) (contributions) 02:51, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
Screw corvettes of Germany
30 articlesScrew corvettes of Germany
This Good Topic nomination comprises all of the screw corvettes built by the Imperial German Navy from the 1860s to 1880s, used first as front-line warships before the type was superseded by more modern cruising vessels, at which point they became training ships for naval cadets. A couple of the ships saw action during the wars of German unification in the 1860s and early 1870s, but only two were sunk, both accidentally in storms. Thanks to all who take the time to review the topic. Parsecboy (talk) 12:12, 24 July 2019 (UTC)
- Support: Looks like a well-defined topic, with all the classes and ships covered at GA-quality and tied together by a navbox template. -Bryanrutherford0 (talk) 12:48, 24 July 2019 (UTC)
- Support per Bryanrutherford0. Gog the Mild (talk) 15:12, 24 July 2019 (UTC)
- Support comprehensive, including all classes, ships of classes and individual ships. Peacemaker67 (click to talk to me) 23:02, 24 July 2019 (UTC)
- Support Excellent work. Iazyges Consermonor Opus meum 07:21, 12 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support Looks like another great featured topic. Cheers. CPA-5 (talk) 11:29, 20 August 2019 (UTC)
- Support PMG (talk) 10:05, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
- Support Wow, seems good enough to me. KingSkyLord (talk | contribs) 23:10, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
Topic removal candidates
15 articlesNaruto characters
This topic is no longer complete. An article for Nagato (Naruto) was created in July 10, 2019 and has not been passed as a GA. Nagato is a Naruto character, and the article would need to pass a GAN for this topic to be complete. Aoba47 (talk) 18:08, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- Remove topic I originally planned to make Nagato a GA but I think I ended busy with another article in the process. While I find potential for both Madara and Nagato since both present real world information, it might take too much for them to become GA.Tintor2 (talk) 14:22, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
- Comment I would say oppose, but both Nagato and Madara Uchiha seem like GA worthy articles. KingSkyLord (talk | contribs) 02:07, 11 September 2019 (UTC)
3 articlesGrade I listed buildings in Runcorn
6 articlesNWA World Historic Welterweight Championship
I am nominating this topic due to it failing to meet criterion 3.b with Matt Taven not becoming a Good Article after more than 14 months since becoming champion. Armbrust The Homunculus 13:44, 14 August 2019 (UTC)