|Location||Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Owner||Miral Asset Management LLC under a license from Warner Bros. Entertainment (WarnerMedia)|
|Operated by||Farah Experiences LLC|
(Miral Asset Management LLC)
|Opened||July 25, 2018|
|Area||1.65 million square feet|
Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi is an indoor amusement park in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, owned and developed by Miral Asset Management at an expected cost of $1 billion. The park features characters from Warner Bros.'s franchises, such as Looney Tunes, DC Comics, Hanna-Barbera, and others. The park is located on Yas Island near Ferrari World and Yas Waterpark, and is the third Warner Bros.'s theme park. An adjoining hotel is also being built at the center of Yas Island. The park contains 29 rides, restaurants, attractions, shops and shows.
Plans for the park began in 2007, but were halted by the global financial crisis. Warner Bros. had signed a development contract with Aldar Properties in that year. Afterwards, the park was to be joint owned by Abu Dhabi Media Company, Aldar and Warner Bros. and plans included 19 rides, a l. The partnership would include a Persian Gulf-focused entertainment company for digital content distribution, retail, video game publishing, film financing and film production facilities. Aldar, because of the crisis, sold many of its assets to the Abu Dhabi government. Miral Asset Management was funded and given other Aldar assets purchased by the government.
In May 2015, Miral signed the general construction contract with Belgian contractor Six Construct, thus resuming construction that year. On April 19, 2016, Miral and Warner Bros. announced plans for the park's first phase to open in 2018. At that time, all construction agreements had been finalized with 30% of the park finished. Miral had not confirmed the park's final ride count at the time.
Miral announced in February 2017 that ride delivery and installation had begun with many of the 29 rides being tested. On April 25, 2017, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and Miral indicated that the park was on schedule at 60% completion, and revealed information about its six themed areas.
On July 26, 2018, the park was inaugurated by Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, and Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
The theme park is indoor and fully air-conditioned, as is typical of most major theme parks in the region due to the extreme heat in the summer.
The facade features a 61-metre-tall (200 ft) tower inspired by the iconic Warner Bros. Water Tower in Burbank, California.
Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi is organized into six themed areas; Gotham City, Metropolis, Cartoon Junction, Bedrock, Dynamite Gulch and Warner Bros. Plaza. Gotham and Metropolis are based on the fictional settings of DC Comics super heroes Batman and Superman, respectively. Warner Bros.'s Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera cartoon libraries are represented in Dynamite Gulch and Cartoon Junction, respectively, along with Bedrock, which is themed around The Flintstones. Warner Bros. Plaza is meant to mimic the Hollywood of the past.
- Scarecrow Scare Raid
- The Riddler Revolution
- The Joker Funhouse
- Rogues Gallery Games
- Justice League Warworld Attacks
- Green Lantern: Galactic Odyssey
- Superman 360: Battle for Metropolis
- Teen Titans Training Academy
- Tom and Jerry: Swiss Cheese Spin
- Scooby Doo: The Museum of Mysteries
- Cartoon Junction Carousel
- Daffy Jet-Propelled Pogo Stick
- Tweety Wild Wockets
- Ricochet Racin' with Taz
- Acme Factory
- Fast and Furry-ous
- The Jetsons Cosmic Orbiter
- Marvin the Martian Crater Crashers
- The Flintstones Bedrock River Adventure
- Batman: Knight Flight
- McNary, Dave (April 25, 2017). "Warner Bros. Unveils Metropolis and Gotham City for Abu Dhabi Theme Park". Variety. Retrieved April 27, 2017.
- "Warner Bros theme park to open on Abu Dhabi's Yas Island in 2018". The National. April 20, 2016. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- "Warner Bros. theme park in Abu Dhabi set to open in 2018". Los Angeles Times. April 19, 2016. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- "Testing for rides at Warner Bros Abu Dhabi theme park almost complete". The National. Abu Dhabi Media. February 28, 2017. Retrieved April 27, 2017.
- Anstey, Tom (16 July 2015). "Work starts on 'multi-billion dollar' Warner Bros theme park development in Abu Dhabi". Attractions Management. Leisure Media Company Ltd. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi on Yas Island Inaugurated by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid and Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed". Press Release. WarnerMedia. July 24, 2018. Retrieved October 18, 2018.
- Lodderhose, Diana (April 25, 2017). "Warner Bros To Build Gotham City & Metropolis For $1B Abu Dhabi Theme Park". Deadline. Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved April 27, 2017.
|This article about an amusement park is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|