|Parent||Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
One of the studio's titles, Batman: Arkham Origins, was displayed for the public at the 2013 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), and received two nominations from the Game Critics Awards for Best Action/Adventure Game and Best Console Game. The game was also recognized at the event for: "Best Video Game" by Forbes; "Best Action Game" by Game Informer; "Best Comic Book-Related Game" by Newsarama; and "Best Xbox 360 Game" by IGN. Upon Batman: Arkham Origins's release it received positive reviews. However, the company received a significant amount of criticism for failing to conduct proper testing on the game prior to release as well as refusing to address a number of game-breaking bugs that plagued the title, instead preferring to focus on the development and release of paid DLC.
During an interview on the Humans of Gaming Podcast on October 2018, WB Games Montréal Senior Game Designer Osama Dorias confirmed that two DC Comics-based video games are currently in development at the studio.
|2012||Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|2013||Batman: Arkham Origins||No||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|2014||Lego Legends of Chima Online||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|2015||Batgirl: A Matter of Family (Story add-on for Batman: Arkham Knight, developed by Rocksteady Studios)||No||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|TBA||Upcoming Batman videogame||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|TBA||DC Comics based videogame||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Upcoming Batman Game (TBA)
On September 22nd, 2019 WB Games Montréal tweeted for the first time in four years on their twitter page. In celebration of Batman Day on the 21st, they shined a bat signal on the side of their Montreal headquarters and stated in their tweet “@WBGamesMTL is proud to celebrate Batman’s 80th anniversary with rest of the world during #BatmanDay #Batman80”. Along with this tweet they posted a video of the bat signal on their building with flashes of symbols that fans recognize to be The Demons Head which represents The League of Assassins / League of Shadows, despite this fans could not make out what the other three symbols are with certainty at the beginning of the video. Since late 2018, teases of the Court of Owls have been made by writers and developers yet in the video there was no sign of them, however, minutes after the tweet made by WB Montreal, writer Scott Snyder who has worked on multiple DC projects such as Batman: Gates of Gotham tweeted “Wait for it... #bewarethecourtofowls” but deleted the tweet minutes later. On September 23rd, 2019 WB Montreal tweeted once again this time writing “Capture the Knight” with a video of the 4 symbols, this is a clear tease of the Batman. An official trailer or announcement is yet to be released.
- IGN (November 18, 2012). "WB Games -- Montreal". IGN. Retrieved August 27, 2013.
- Tami (November 1, 2011). "Official Inauguration of Warner Bros Games Montreal". VillageGamer. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "2013 Nominees". Game Critics Awards. 2013. Archived from the original on June 26, 2013. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- Pinchefsky, Carol (June 16, 2013). "The Best (And Worst) Of E3 2013". Forbes. Archived from the original on June 26, 2013. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- Bertz, Matt (June 17, 2013). "Game Informer's Best Of E3 2013 Awards". Game Informer. GameStop. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- Siegel, Lucas (June 14, 2013). "Newsarama's E3 2013 Best Of Show Selections". Archived from the original on June 26, 2013. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- "IGN's Best of E3 2013 Awards". IGN. J2 Global. June 11, 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-06-29. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- Maiburg, Emanuel. "Batman: Arkham Origins has no plans to fix several game breaking bugs".
|This Canadian video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|