3D Viewer at the time, in Windows 10 1903
|Other names||Mixed Reality Viewer, View 3D|
|Operating system||Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile|
3D Viewer (formerly Mixed Reality Viewer and before that, View 3D) is a 3D object viewer that was first included in Windows 10 1703. It supports the .fbx, .3mf, .obj, and .stl and many more file formats listed in features section.
On the first launch, 3D Viewer automatically loads a "Bee.glb" file and renders an animated bee on a gray background. Users can change the viewing angle, select and watch one of the available animations (defined in the 3D file) or adjust either of the 3 light sources. The light setup can be saved as "themes" and applied to other 3D objects quickly. The app also features four "Quick Animations". These are ways in which the app can showcase the 3D object by changing the viewing angle. For example, the "Turntable" item rotates the view point around the object latitudinally. If the device running the app is equipped with a camera, the app can create a mixed reality render.
- View common 3D file types: FBX, STL, OBJ, glTF, GLB, PLY, 3MF, with high-quality staging.
- Use simple pan, zoom, and orbiting controls with your mouse, touch, pen or keyboard.
- Inspect the 3D model’s mesh, texture, material and animation data.
- View 3D files in different shading modes such as: smooth, wireframe on smooth, texture passes and more.
- Control the position and color of the staging lights.
- "Get 3D Viewer". Microsoft Store. Microsoft.
- "Microsoft's new View 3D app lets Windows 10 users interface". MSPoweruser. 2016-12-08. Retrieved 2019-01-30.
- "Windows 10 View 3D app becomes "Mixed Reality Viewer" for Skip Ahead Insiders OnMSFT.com". OnMSFT.com. 2017-09-06. Retrieved 2019-01-30.
- "View 3D App Finally Allows Windows 10 Users to Add 3D Models to their Environments". IT Pro. 2017-08-31. Retrieved 2019-01-30.
- Hay, Richard (9 December 2016). "App Tour: View 3D for Windows 10 Redstone 2 (Creators Update)". IT Pro Today. Informa.
- Litchfield, Steve (May 10, 2017). "How to: use View 3D in Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update". All About Windows Phone. Retrieved 25 July 2017.
|This Microsoft Windows article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|