|Dean||Atty. Viviana M. Paguirigan|
The UE College of Law was established in July 1950.
Dr. Francisco T. Dalupan, Sr., then the University President, temporarily assumed the position of the first Dean of the College. Justice Roman Ozaeta, a former Senior Associate Justice of the Supreme Court and Secretary of Justice under Presidents Manuel Roxas and Elpidio Quirino, was appointed Dean in SY 1951-1952. Through rigid discipline, Dean Ozaeta steered the College to an enviable position: enrollment grew and a complete law curriculum was offered, with prominent members of the Bench and Bar as faculty members. He promoted scholarship and encouraged academic proficiency in Law.
Dean Ozaeta was succeeded by Ruperto G. Martin in 1956 and by Rodolfo Palma on July 1, 1966, when Dean Martin was elevated to the Court of Appeals as Associate Justice. When he retired on March 31, 1984, Dean Palma was succeeded by Agustin O. Benitez and later by Celedonio E. Tiongson until the appointment of Dante O. Tinga on April 1, 1989. Dean Tinga was succeeded in turn by former Justice Undersecretary Artemio G. Tuquero on May 1, 1993.
Before he could complete his four-year term, Dean Tuquero was appointed Associate Justice of the Court of Appeals and later on became the Secretary of Justice during the term of former President Joseph Estrada.
Carlos M. Ortega, an authority on Criminal and Remedial Law, took over as Dean on May 2, 1996. Dean Ortega was promoted to the position of Vice President for Academic Affairs effective July 1, 2000. Amado D. Valdez took over as Dean until his appointment as Government Corporate Counsel in April 2001. Justice Reynaldo L. Suarez, former Senior Deputy Court Administrator of the Supreme Court, assumed the deanship from May 16, 2001 to May 16, 2004. Dean Antonio R. Tupaz, a former member of the Batasang Pambansa and Minister of State for Local Government, took over from 2004 to 2006. Dean Valdez was reappointed dean in 2006 and served until 2014 when Mayor Joseph Estrada appointed him as chairman of Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
Dean Willard B. Riano, former Dean of the San Sebastian-Recoletos Collge of Law, was then appointed dean in 2015. However, he only served until December 2016, having been selected as an examiner for Remedial Law in the 2017 Bar Examinations. Justice Tinga was yet again called to fill the void left by Dean Riano, serving in the interim from 2017-2018. In 2018, former FEU Institute of Law Associate Dean, Atty. Viviana M. Paguirigan, was then appointed as Dean Riano's successor, becoming UE College of Law's first female dean.
The college has the following programs:
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) - a standard four-year law degree program covering all subjects in the Philippine Bar Examinations.
- Bar Refresher Course (two semesters) - a special review program for law graduates in preparation for the annual Philippine Bar Examinations.
- Ferdinand Marcos - Former President, Republic of the Philippines, Honoris Causa, Doctor of Laws (1967)
- Ramon Magsaysay - Former President, Republic of the Philippines, Honoris Causa, Doctor of Laws (1957)
- Carlos P. Romulo - Filipino diplomat, politician, journalist and author. He is the co-founder of the Boy Scouts of the Philippines. He served eight Philippine presidents from President Manuel Quezon to President Ferdinand Marcos as a cabinet member or as the country’s representative to the United States and to the United Nations. Honoris Causa, Doctor of Laws 1969
The college has produced the following alumni:
- Justice Lucas P. Bersamin - Currently Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the Philippines
- Alfredo Lim - Former Senator of the Philippines, re-elected mayor of Manila, former director of National Bureau of Investigation (Philippines), conferred Honorary degree Doctor of Laws, (Honoris Causa) in 2001
- Justice Dante Tinga - Associate Justice of the Philippine Supreme Court, served as a three-term congressman of Taguig-Pateros district; former Dean of the University of the East College of Law, former Dean of the College of Law of the Polytechnic University of the Philippines.
- Nicanor B. Padilla Jr. - Ll.B. '75, 1st Placer, 1975 Philippine Bar Examinations, private attorney
- Ferdinand Topacio - Legal counsel for former First Gentleman Mike Arroyo, husband of former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, Managing Partner of the Topacio Law Office (Founded 1961).[ (LLB 1992)
- Romulo Macalintal - Private Practitioner and Election Law Expert
- Persida Rueda-Acosta - Ll.B. '87; Chief Public Attorney of the Philippines; 4th Placer, 1989 Philippine Bar Examinations
- Benjamin Pozon - Judge of the Subic rape case Trial, Regional Trial Court of Makati
- Justice Demetrio G. Demetria - former Associate Justice of the Philippine Court of Appeals
- Justice Japar B. Dimaampao - Associate Justice of the Philippine Court of Appeals
- Justice Arturo G. Tayag - Associate Justice of the Philippine Court of Appeals
- Justice Rodolfo G. Palattao - Former Associate Justice, Sandiganbayan
- Justice Normandie B. Pizarro - Associate Justice of the Philippine Court of Appeals
- Luzviminda T. Delgado-Puno - S.C. Clerk of Court, AB'57, LLB'61, deceased spouse of Chief Justice Reynato S. Puno
- Jose Madrid - former Governor of Romblon
- Anthony H. Cerilles - Representative, District Province of Zamboanga Del Sur (LLB 1972)
- Douglas RA. Cagas - 3-Term Representative, and currently Provincial Governor, Davao Del Sur (4th placer,1967 Bar Exams)
- Harlin C. Abayon - Representative, 1st District of Samar (LLB 1973)
- Hussin U. Amin - Representative, 1st District of Sulu (LLB 1978)
- Roseller L. Barinaga - Representative, 2nd District of Zamboanga Del Norte (LLB 1962)
- Jurdin Jesus M. Romualdo - Representative, Lone District of Camiguin (LLB 1986)
- Raul R. Lee - Gov. of Sorsogon (College of Law, LLB 1965)
- Pedro P. Romualdo - Gov. of Camiguin (College of Law, LLB 1965)
- Vicente P. Valera - Gov. of Abra (College of Law, LLB 1975)
- Virgilio Garcillano - Commissioner, (COMELEC) Commission on Elections
- Atty. Alicia A. Risos - Vidal of Morales Rojas and Risos-Vidal Law Offices, President of Women Lawyer Association of the Philippines and an active officer of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines.
- PNP Deputy Gen. Ramon Apolinario - Police Deputy Chief for Operations.
- Atty. Pascual T. Lacas - Former Dean, College of Law, Bulacan State University; Former Dean, Graduate School of Law, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (College of Law, LLB 1973).
- Benjamin P. Paulino (93.0%, 10th Place; 1954)
- Melencio C. Corpuz (89.15%, 5th Place; 1956)
- Roberto P. Ocampo (83.05%, 8th Place; 1963)
- Demetrio G. Demetria (86.85%, 2nd Place; 1964)
- Basilio H. Alo (87.15%, 3rd Place; 1967)
- Douglas R. Cagas (86.85%, 4th Place; 1967)
- Antonio B. Panopio (85.0%, 9th Place; 1968)
- Nicolas B. Maderazo (87.25%, 2nd Place; 1969)
- Kamar M. Baloto (86.75%, 2nd Place; 1970)
- Lucas P. Bersamin (86.3%, 9th Place; 1973)
- Nicanor B. Padilla, Jr. (86.7%, 1st Place; 1975)
- Edgardo A. Abinales (85.3%, 7th Place; 1975)
- Eduardo V. Viloria (91.85%, 4th Place; 1977)
- Lowell T. Yap (91.35%, 2nd Place; 1977)
- Andres S. Santos (90.025%, 7th Place; 1978)
- Salvador S. Hipolito (90.6%, 2nd Place; 1983)
- Persida V. Rueda-Acosta (85.62%, 4th Place; 1989)
- History, UE College of Law, June 2007.
- "Retired Supreme Court Justice is New UE Law Dean". UE. May 30, 2014. Retrieved June 17, 2019.
- Mison, Siegfried (June 22, 2016). "The Mailman". BusinessMirror. Retrieved June 17, 2019.
- Curricular offerings, UE College of Law, June 2007.
- Honoris causa list, The University of the East 2006 Diamond Jubilee Awards Commemorative Book, University of the East, 2007.
- Honoris causa list, University of the East, 2007.
- List of members, UE Law Alumni Association, June 2007.
- "Bar Topnotchers 1953-1956". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. Retrieved 2019-06-15.
- "Bar Topnotchers 1961-1964". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. Retrieved 2019-06-15.
- "Bar Topnotchers 1965-1968". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. Retrieved 2019-06-15.
- "Bar Topnotchers 1969-1972". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. Retrieved 2019-06-15.
- "Bar Topnotchers 1973-1976". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. Retrieved 2019-06-15.
- "Bar Topnotchers 1977-1980". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. Retrieved 2019-06-15.
- "Bar Topnotchers 1981-1984". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. Retrieved 2019-06-15.
- "Bar Topnotchers 1989-1992". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. Retrieved 2019-06-15.
- University of the East
- Associate Justice Dante O. Tinga of the Supreme Court of the Philippines
- Legal education in the Philippines