This article needs to be updated.July 2011)(
|Founded||December 8, 2007|
The party was founded on December 8, 2007 and its goals were empower local communities, provide state support for poor regions, stop the privatization of strategic state enterprises and the sale of agricultural land, make Ukraine geopolitically neutral and make Russian the second state language.
In November 2008 the party headquarters were the target of arson. According to the party, this was connected to an action against radical nationalism in Ukraine conducted by the party in Simferopol the day before where they burned swastikas and flags of some nationalist parties.
The party participated in the 2010 presidential election as part of the Election bloc of left and central left political forces and supported Petro Symonenko as this bloc joint candidate for the post of Ukraine's president at the 2010 Ukrainian presidential election.
- Four parties unite to participate in presidential election Archived February 29, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, Interfax-Ukraine (September 14, 2009)
- (in Ukrainian) Ліві об'єдналися в нову партію "Союз лівих сил" Archived 2008-07-10 at the Wayback Machine, NEWSru.ua (December 8, 2007)
- (in Russian) Short bio, Liga.net
- (in Ukrainian) Партія "Союз лівих сил" заявляє про нічний підпал свого офісу в Києві Archived October 30, 2010, at the Wayback Machine, Radio Ukraine (November 27, 2008)
- Leftist union backs Communist leader's nomination as presidential candidate, Kyiv Post (October 16, 2009)
- (in Ukrainian) Results of voting in single constituencies in 2012 Archived November 27, 2012, at the Wayback Machine & Nationwide list Archived August 15, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, Central Election Commission of Ukraine
- Alphabetical Index of parties in 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election, Central Election Commission of Ukraine
|This article about a political party in Ukraine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|