Apostolic Exarchate of Italy
Exarchatus Apostolicus Italiae
Sts. Sergius and Bacchus Cathedral
|Area||301,340 km2 (116,350 sq mi)|
|Sui iuris church||Ukrainian Greek Catholic|
|Established||11 July 2019|
|Cathedral||Sts. Sergius and Bacchus Cathedral in Rome|
|Major Archbishop||Sviatoslav Shevchuk|
|Apostolic Administrator||Cardinal Angelo De Donatis|
The Ukrainian Catholic Apostolic Exarchate of Italy (Latin: Exarchatus Apostolicus Italiae Ucrainorum) is an Apostolic Exarchate (pre-diocesan jurisdiction) of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church covers its faithful in Italy.
At the end of the 20th century, Greek Catholics had only three churches in Italy. They all were in Rome. However, with the onset of emigration from Ukraine to Italy, thousands of people arrived for which mission stations were established. On 16 October 2001, by agreement between Head of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church and the Episcopal Conference of Italy was appointed pastoral coordinator, Rev. Vasyl Potochnyak, with a task to coordinate these missionary stations. Also on 14 January 2003 was appointed Apostolic visitor, bishop Hlib Lonchyna, who was deputed to investigate circumstance of the Ukrainian faithful in country, and to submit a report to the Holy See and to the Synod of Bishops of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church. He was replaced by bishop Dionisio Lachovicz in 2009.
It was established on 11 July 2019 by Pope Francis for the 145 Ukrainian Greek Catholic parishes. The circumscription encompasses the entire Italian territory. The Church of Santi Sergio e Bacco, that is located on Piazza Madonna dei Monti in the rione of Monti in Rome, become as the Cathedral. 
- Hlib Lonchyna, M.S.U. (14 January 2003 – 7 January 2009), Titular Bishop of Bareta
- Dionisio Lachovicz, O.S.B.M. (19 January 2009 – 11 July 2019), Titular Bishop of Egnatia
- Cardinal Angelo De Donatis (since 11 July 2019), Apostolic Administrator sede vacante
- "Початки "четвертої хвилі еміграції" в Італії та формування Церковних громад". Website of the Ukrainian Greek Catholics in Italy (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Erezione dell'Esarcato Apostolico per i fedeli cattolici ucraini di rito bizantino residenti in Italia e nomina dell'Amministratore Apostolico sede vacante". Official Website of the Holy See (in Italian). Retrieved 11 July 2019.
|This article about a Ukrainian Greek Catholic diocese is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|