Thorpe Hamlet is a suburb of Norwich, to the east of the city centre, in the Norwich District, in the English county of Norfolk. It was constituted a separate ecclesiastical parish March 9, 1852, from the civil parish of Old Thorpe, and in 1912, was in the rural deanery of Blofield.
The population of the Thorpe Hamlet ward in Norwich was 10,557 at the 2011 Census.
The Church of St. Matthew in Thorpe Hamlet, was erected in 1851 upon land given by the Dean and Chapter of Norwich, on the slope of a hill close by the River Wensum.
Thorpe Hamlet has a mid school, a first school, a water tower and a wood called Lion Wood.
- Elizabeth Ayton Godwin (1817–1889), hymn writer, religious poet
- "Norwich ward population 2011". Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- Goreham, G. "Thorpe Hamlet". G. Goreham 1972. Retrieved October 7, 2014.
The church of St. Matthew, erected in 1851 upon land given by the Dean and Chapter of Norwich, on the slope of a hill close by the river Wensum.
- Pat, (Kelly's - originally) Newby. "Kelly's Directory of Norfolk 1912". Genuki. Kelly's. Retrieved October 7, 2013.
- Rackham, Oliver (1976). Trees and Woodland in the British Landscape. JM Dent & Sons. pp. 137–38. ISBN 0-460-04183-5..
- Philip's Street Atlas Norfolk (page 163)
|This Norfolk location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|