|WikiProject Saints||(Rated Template-class)|
Is David a prophet?
Principles for adding saints to this?
There are a lot of saints. What rule dictates who gets on this list? I have in mind that there are many more Fathers that could be added. I also think "Confessor" as it is used in this list is fairly arbitrary. Nighm (talk) 18:05, 23 March 2014 (UTC)
- I'm using the Litany of the Saints as well as Catholic lists of Fathers, Confessors, etc., in so far as they have Wikipedia pages. For example, there's a directory on Confessors of the Faith that I use for adding Confessors, as well as Saints titled "the Confessor". Oct13 (talk) 05:17, 30 April 2014 (UTC)
Not canonized: Blessed Martyrs of Drina?
Greetings, The article Blessed Martyrs of Drina indicates:
- beatified_date=24 September 2011
- beatified_place=Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- beatified_by=Cardinal Angelo Amato
A check of article List of canonizations, article Blessed Martyrs of Drina is missing. Question: should the Martyrs be removed here; or are they canonized (and should be added to the List)? Regards, 18:43, 8 June 2016 (UTC)
- I checked and cannot find any RSs claiming they have been canonized; it appears they have only been beatified so far. And recently, too, so that's not too surprising. Jujutsuan (talk | contribs) 21:08, 8 June 2016 (UTC)
St. Uriel the Archangel and Michaelmas
Pre-christians are not canonized
Only people who lived during and after the Revelation of Christ can qualify as canonized saints by the Catholic Church; nobody calls Moses "St. Moses" even though he is an important character on the Bible and often refered as just. Therefore, the title "Catholic Saints" wouldn't be adequate, either that or maybe the list itself should change, excluding most Patriarchs and Prophets.
(I couldn't find out whether Archangels could fit in the category of 'saints', but since they do receive the title and receive similar worship, I guess it's legitimate to keep them in) — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 14:03, 11 December 2016 (UTC)