- Global climate change strikes take place in 150 countries (protesters in Sydney pictured) as part of the Fridays for Future protests.
- The FIBA Basketball World Cup concludes, with Spain defeating Argentina in the final.
- In Gaelic football, the All-Ireland Championship concludes, with Dublin defeating Kerry in the final.
- Drone attacks on two major oil facilities force Saudi Arabia to cut more than half of its oil production.
|In the news toolbox|
In the news mentions and links to entries of timely interest – encyclopedia articles that have been updated to reflect an important current event – rather than conventional news items. To prevent vandalism on the Main Page, it is a permanently protected template. See Wikipedia:In the news for more details.
See an error? Please note it on Wikipedia:Main Page/Errors for administrator assistance.
The template accepts one parameter: adding
|nocurrenteventslink=1 removes the link to Portal:Current events. This is used on the current events page to hide the link there.
Admins: after updating please purge the cache of the Main Page so that the updated version appears.
In terms of Main Page balance, right now we're configured for widescreen monitors, which it appears most editors use. Non-widescreen users, please do not change the balance even if it looks off on your monitor.
- Click here to purge the template's cache manually, if it does not appear to be updating on the Main Page after you edit it.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:In the news/doc. (edit | history)|
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.