|Launched||September 17, 1993 (As TNT Classic Movies)|
1999 (As Turner Classic Movies)
September 21, 2018 (As TNT)
|Owned by||WarnerMedia Entertainment Africa|
|Picture format||16:9, 1080i (HDTV) (Africa)|
16:9, 1080i (HDTV) (MENA)
|Broadcast area||Arab world and Africa|
Great Marlborough Street,
London, United Kingdom
|Formerly called||TNT Classic Movies (1993-1999)|
Turner Classic Movies (1999-2018)
Cartoon Network Arabic
Cartoon Network Hindi
|beIN (MENA) (TCM Middle East)||Channel 63 (HD)|
|DStv (TNT Africa)||Channel 137 (HD)|
TNT is an African pay television channel centred towards movies. The channel is available in Africa (as TNT Africa) and the Arab world (as TCM MENA). In the Arab world, TCM has a unique schedule, and its movies are broadcast with Arabic subtitles, which are optional.
TCM MENA started broadcasting on 1 January 2016, the date when it separated from TNT Africa (formerly TCM Africa) and became an independent feed. TCM Middle East is exclusively available on BeIN. In Africa, TNT is exclusively available on DStv and Black.
The African website name is TCMAfrica.com which launched in 2010.
Turner Classic Movies Africa switched to 16:9 Widescreen on 15 November 2015. On December 27, 2015, Turner Classic Movies stopped broadcasting on OSN and moved to beIN in the Arab world. This was the result of an agreement between Turner Broadcasting System Europe and beIN which moved all Turner-owned pay TV channels to that satellite TV operator, including TCM, Cartoon Network, and Boomerang.
On 1 January 2016, TCM MEA split into TCM Africa and TCM MENA. On 21 September 2018, TCM Africa was rebranded to TNT Africa with this version being a movie channel carrying a bit of TCM in its line-up for a modern audience across South Africa on DStv and Black. The rebranding allowed TCM Africa to offer such films as Doom, Gladiator The Green Mile, Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, The Illusionist, Robin Hood, and Tango & Cash for at least two days.. On 18 December 2018, TNT Africa and Cartoon Network Africa were launched in HD on DStv.
- "الإعلامية و تيرنر يوقعان مجموعة beIN شراكة تفاقية" [BeIN Group signs media partnership with Turner]. beIN Media Group. 6 January 2016. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "No Cartoon Network on OSN from January 16". Emirates 24/7. 24 December 2015. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "Turner Signs Cartoon Network Distribution Deal With beIN". Regular Capital. 30 December 2015. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "TNT Africa launches rebranded entertainment channel". Biz Community. 21 September 2018. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "Cartoon Network and TNT to launch in HD on DStv". Gem Nation. 17 December 2018. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "Cartoon Network Africa HD To Launch On DStv 18th December". Regular Capital. 5 December 2018. Retrieved 7 March 2019.