|Launched||11 March 1991|
|Owned by||WarnerMedia Entertainment|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 480I/576i for the SDTV feed)
|Language||Spanish and Portuguese|
|Broadcast area||Latin America|
|Headquarters||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
TBS Very Funny
CNN en Español
|DirecTV (South America)||Channel 518 (SD) |
Channel 1518 (HD)
|Dish Mexico||Channel 226 (SD) |
Channel 920 (HD)
|Sky Mexico||Channel 418 (SD)|
|Movistar TV||Channel 604 (SD) |
Channel 871 (HD)
|Cablevisión (Argentina)||Channel 44 (Analogue) |
Channel 304 (HD)
|Cable Onda (Panamá)||Channel 235 (SD) |
Channel 1235 (HD)
Space is a Latin American pay television channel owned by WarnerMedia Entertainment. It airs movies, TV series and boxing events. It was launched on 11 March 1991 and it is headquartered in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Space was launched on 11 March 1991 as the first Latin American 24-hour movie channel. It was owned and operated by Imagen Satelital, a company owned by Argentine businessman Alberto González. In its first years, it was an entertainment network heavily centred towards films and boxing events.
In 1997, Imagen Satelital was bought by Claxson Interactive Group, itself owned by Venezuelan conglomerate Grupo Cisneros. In 2002, after a graphical rebrand, Space includes artistic shows in its programming schedule.
In October 2007, Claxson Interactive Group was purchased by Turner Broadcasting System Latin America; its channels (including Space) started to be managed by the regional branch of Time Warner. In 8 April 2008, Turner modifies Space's programming in order to avoid inside competition with TNT Latin America, and centres its programming towards action, adventure and suspense films.
In 2009, Space launches its own HD feed, and two years later, in 2011, it launches a second audio track in English to its video feeds.
- Television series
- NBA on TNT games (narrated and commented by Leo Montero and Daniel Jacubovich in Spanish, Marcos César and Fabio Malavazzi in Portuguese; former basketball star Maria Paula Silva also comments during the playoffs and All-Star Game)
- UEFA Champions League (only for Brazil) (through 2021)
- UEFA Nations League (only for Brazil) (through 2021)
- UEFA Euro qualification (only for Brazil)
- UEFA World Cup qualification (only for Brazil)
- Matchroom Boxing (except Brazil)
- Golden Boy (except Brazil)
- Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide'
- Various Action, Horror, Suspense and Science Fiction.
- Without a Trace
- The Closer
- Rizzoli & Isles
- Fear Itself
- The Forgotten
- Dark Blue
- Miami Medical
- Hechizo de Amor
|This article about a television station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|