|Date||January 20, 1937|
United States Capitol
|Participants||President of the United States, Franklin D. Roosevelt|
Charles E. Hughes
John Nance Garner
Joseph Taylor Robinson
The second inauguration of Franklin D. Roosevelt as President of the United States was held on Wednesday, January 20, 1937. The inauguration marked the commencement of the second term of Franklin D. Roosevelt as President and John Nance Garner as Vice President. It was the first inauguration to take place on January 20 as per the 20th Amendment to the U.S.Constitution. This was also the first time the Vice President took his Oath on the Inaugural Platform during the ceremonies.
It rained all morning and during the inauguration - the crowds hastily dispersed once it was over.
- Presidency of Franklin D. Roosevelt
- First inauguration of Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Third inauguration of Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Fourth inauguration of Franklin D. Roosevelt
- 1936 United States presidential election
- The Forgotten Memoir of John Knox: A Year in the Life of a Supreme Court Clerk in FDR's Washington pages 165-167, by John Frush Knox, edited and published by Dennis J. Hutchinson and David J. Garrow, 2004.