Sankalp Reddy receiving the National Film Award.
|Born||1984 (age 34–35)|
|Alma mater||Griffith Film School|
|Years active||2014 – present|
Sankalp Reddy (born May 31, 1984) is an Indian film director, and screenwriter known for his works in Telugu cinema, and bollywood. He made his directorial debut with The Ghazi Attack inspired by true events from the Indo-Pakistani war of 1971. The submarine warfare film is an underwater tale of the courage and patriotism of the men aboard the Indian Submarine INS Karanj (S21) which destroyed the Pakistani PNS Ghazi when it ventured into Indian waters to destroy INS Vikrant on the shore of R. K. Beach, Visakhapatnam.
Ghazi, was screened at the Jagran Film Festival, and has garnered the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu at the 65th National Film Awards 2018. In 2018, Sankalp directed the space thriller film Antariksham 9000 KMPH.
He was born in Hyderabad. His family hails from Ibrahimpatnam, Ranga Reddy district, Telangana. He did his schooling in Hyderabad, engineering from CVR College of Engineering and graduated in 2006. He went to do pursue his MBA at Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia, but dropped out after a semester and joined Griffith Film School, a top creative arts school in Australia, for pursuing MFA in film direction and completed it in 2009.
He worked as a software engineer for 6 months at Infosys Technologies before going to Australia to pursue higher education.
He directed 4 short films before entering Tollywood. He even did a few short films on his iPhone. He started a Previz Company with the name Krystal 3C in Hyderabad which provided Previz service for his movie The Ghazi Attack.
He wanted to develop a book into a film script, so he wrote a book, The Blue Fish and later turned into the foundation for the debut Telugu film, The Ghazi Attack. He hired a lot of actors from Sutradhaar theater group, Hyderabad for the movie.
He is married to Keerthy, a fashion designer and they have two children.
|2017||The Ghazi Attack||Yes||Yes||Yes||Rana Daggubati|
|2018||Antariksham 9000 KMPH||Yes||Yes||Yes||Varun Tej|
- "Varun Tej looks out of this world".
- "Director Sankalp Reddy to do a science fiction film". 17 May 2017.
- Ganguly, Nivedita (17 February 2017). "The making of a war story" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Visakhapatnam: Sunk Pakistani submarine Ghazi is an enigma". Deccan Chronicle.
- ScoopWhoop (11 January 2017). "The Ghazi Attack: An Indo-Pak War So Deep Underwater That It Never Surfaced In History".
- "10 Films You Shouldn't Miss At The Jagran Film Festival". insider.in.
- "65th National Film Awards" (PDF).
- "65th National Film Awards LIVE: Sridevi Posthumously Awarded Best Actress; Vinod Khanna Honoured With Dada Saheb Phalke Award". News 18date=13 April 2018. Retrieved 13 April 2018.
- "Antariksham 9000 KMPH Teaser: A promising & thrilling space-adventure on the cards".
- "Varun Tej's space-thriller Antariksham 9000 KMPH wraps up its shoot".
- "Exclusive: Sankalp Reddy reveals the making process behind The Ghazi Attack". 27 March 2017.