SAMAK (Arbejderbevægelsens nordiske samarbejdskommitté), or the Joint Committee of the Nordic Social Democratic Labour Movement, assembles the social democratic parties and labour councils in the Nordic countries. SAMAK consists of all social democratic parties and trade union organisations in the Nordic countries, including in Greenland, the Faroe Islands and Åland. The President of the committee is Helle Thorning-Schmidt, the Prime Minister of Denmark and chairman of the Danish Social Democrats. Inger Segelström is the General Secretary.
The committee was formed during the first Scandinavian Workers' Congress in Gothenburg in 1886.
SAMAK holds a congress every four years.
- Danish Confederation of Trade Unions
- Siumut (Greenland)
- Social Democratic Party (Faroe Islands)
- Social Democrats
- Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions
- Social Democratic Party of Finland
- Åland Social Democrats (Åland)
- "The Joint Committee of the Nordic Social Democratic Labour Movement (SAMAK)". Party of European Socialists. Archived from the original on 13 February 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Official website (in English)
|This article related to one or more trade or labor unions is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|