Raef is a given name.
It may be from Arabic: رائف, a given name and an indirect Quranic name for boys that means “kind” or “compassionate”. It is pronounced with two syllables Arabic pronunciation: [raːʔfaːʔ] and can be transliterated: Raef, Ra'ef, Raif, Rayif, Raaif or Raefe.
It may a variant spelling of Rafe (// RAYF), an English name for a male, of Old Norse origin (meaning "counsel of the wolf" or "wise wolf"), derived from Raðulfr (rað "counsel" + ulfr "wolf") through Old English Rædwulf.
- Raef (singer) (born 1982), Egyptian-American singer, songwriter
- Raef al-Maarri, officer in the Syrian Army
- Raef LaFrentz (born 1979), American professional basketball power forward and center
- Raef Bjayou (born 1980), British entrepreneur and television presenter
- Raif Badawi (born 1982), Saudi Arabian blogger and activist, sometimes transliterated "Raef Badawi"
- Raef al Hasan Rafa (born 1986), Bangladeshi musician
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|