Qāḍī Zāda al-Rūmī (1364 in Bursa, Ottoman Empire – 1436 in Samarqand, Timurid Empire), whose actual name was Salah al-Din Musa Pasha (qāḍī zāda means "son of the judge", al-rūmī "the Roman" indicating he came from Asia Minor, which was once Roman), was a Turkish astronomer and mathematician who worked at the observatory in Samarkand. He computed sin 1° to an accuracy of 10−12.
Together with Ulugh Beg, al-Kāshī and a few other astronomers, Qāḍī Zāda produced the Zij-i-Sultani, the first comprehensive stellar catalogue since the Maragheh observatory's Zij-i Ilkhani two centuries earlier. The Zij-i Sultani contained the positions of 992 stars.
- Sharh al-Mulakhkhas (Commentary on Jaghmini's compendium on the science of Astronomy
- Sharh Ashkal al-Ta'sis (Commentary on Samarkandi's Arithmetics)
- Adivar, A. (1943). Osmanli Türklarinde Ilim. Istambul.
- Ataev, U. (1972). "The commentary of Kazi-zade ar-Rumi on the astronomical treatise of Nasir ad-Din at-Tusi". Questions on the history of mathematics and astronomy I. Trudy Samarkand. Gos. Univ. (N.S.) Vyp. (in Russian). 229: 124–127.
- Dilgan, H. (1970–80). "Qāḍī Zāda al-Rūmī". Dictionary of Scientific Biography. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons. ISBN 978-0-684-10114-9.
- O'Connor, John J.; Robertson, Edmund F., "Qadi Zada al-Rumi", MacTutor History of Mathematics archive, University of St Andrews.
- Pasaev, Z. A. (1972). "The commentary of Kazi-zade ar-Rumi on the astronomical treatise of al-Djagmini (a brief survey)". Questions on differential equations, number theory, algebra and geometry. Trudy Samarkand. Gos. Univ. (N.S.) Vyp. (in Russian). 202: 202–204.
- Rozenfel'd, B. A.; A. P. Yushkevich (1960). "The treatise of Qadi Zada al-Rumi on the determination of the sine of one degree". Istor.-Mat. Issled. (in Russian). 13: 33–538.
- Rozenfel'd, B. A.; A. P. Yushkevich (1960). "Notes on a treatise of Qadi Zada al-Rumi". Istor.-Mat. Issled. (in Russian). 13: 552–556.
- Ragep, F. Jamil (2007). "Qāḍīzāde al‐Rūmī: Ṣalāḥ al‐Dīn Mūsā ibn Muḥammad ibn Maḥmūd al‐Rūmī". In Thomas Hockey; et al. (eds.). The Biographical Encyclopedia of Astronomers. New York: Springer. p. 942. ISBN 978-0-387-31022-0. (PDF version)
|This article about a Turkish scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Asian mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a European mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|