|Original author(s)||General Electric|
Predix is General Electric's software platform for the collection and analysis of data from industrial machines. General Electric plans to support the growing industrial internet of things with cloud servers and an app store. GE is a member of the Industrial Internet Consortium which works to aid the development and use of industrial internet technologies.
Predix as a cloud-based PaaS (platform as a service) is claimed to enable industrial-scale analytics for asset performance management (APM) and operations optimization by providing a standard way to connect machines, data, and people. GE expects Predix software to do for factories and plants what Apple's iOS did for cell phones. Built on Cloud Foundry open source technology, Predix provides a microservices based delivery model with a distributed architecture (cloud, and on-machine).
Predix aims towards system wide optimization and to create a detailed model that spans entire systems such as aircraft operations. The model allows better optimization of each part of the system (such as a turbine blade) as well as optimization of the entire system (such as airline operations).
Predix is developed by GE Digital in San Ramon, California near Silicon Valley and originally its own business unit. In September 2015 it became re-integrated into General Electric's IT division.
- Amazon Web Services
- Cloud-based design and manufacturing
- Industrial control system
- Industry 4.0
- Microsoft Azure
- Oracle Cloud
- GE. "Predix Powers Industrial-strength Apps". gesoftware.com. Retrieved 2015-06-29.
- Finnegan, Matthew. "5 things you need to know about General Electric's IoT cloud platform". Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- "Industrial Internet Consortium Announces Smart Airline Baggage Management Testbed". Archived from the original on 2016-08-07. Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- Passeri, James (2015-03-06). "GE Expects Predix Software to Do for Factories What Apple's iOS Did for Cell Phones". thestreet.com. Retrieved 2015-06-29.
- Gee, Sue (24 June 2015). "Predix - A Platform for the Industrial Internet Of Things".
- Woods, Dan (28 September 2016). "What Is GE Predix Really Building?".
- "Siemens and General Electric gear up for the internet of things". The Economist. 2016-12-03. ISSN 0013-0613. Retrieved 2016-12-03.
- "Analyzing all the (Internet of) things at GE Research in San Ramon and Niskayuna". Ars Technica. Retrieved 2016-12-03.
- Pelino, Michele (2016-11-15). "The Forrester Wave™: IoT Software Platforms, Q4 2016". Forrester Research.