This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Ajay Adiseshann, Founder and CEO|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, India, |
|Ravi Vishvanathan, Chief Financial Officer|
The company offers a cloud-based platform that helps large Enterprises and SMBs transition from traditionally slow and costly forms of payments such as cash and cheques to real-time digital payments. It digitizes their entire procurement-to-payment cycle thereby improving an overall efficiency and saving over 50% in time, efforts, resources and costs.
The platform provides a comprehensive digital workflow tied to payments which enable greater control & transparency, along with better cash flows & end to end reconciliation for superior experience for corporates in closed loop supply chains.
The platform replaces traditional cash, cheque, EFT payments to card-based payments for corporates, facilitating suppliers to be paid out, irrespective of them being a card acquiring merchant. The system has several built-in risk mitigating benefits for buyers & sellers. It also features a complete Procure-to-Pay solution, Invoice marketplace for dynamic discounting along with APIs for integration into existing accounting back-end for minimal friction-based deployment.
The company was launched in May 2006 as India's first mobile payments provider that allowed consumers to use their mobile phones to pay for online and retail purchases, make utility bill payments, purchase tickets, etc. via their bank account, credit card or a prepaid account. Another solution named PayPOS application, that allowed small businesses to accept credit and debit cards and process electronic transactions directly on their mobile phones at the point of sale devices (POS) was also launched, shaping up the company's B2C offerings and disrupting the Indian payment landscape.
A a person-to-person (P2P) mobile money transfer facility was also offered in association with Tata Indicom and Corporation Bank launched Green Money Transfer
In 2013, PayMate made it's pivot to focus on B2B payments that automated payables and receivables and was processing in excess of $500M in annualized payment processing run rate.
In due course, this business payments platform evolved, making the company a strategic B2B partner for Visa in 2018. This partnership flourished and led to PayMate's expansion into CEMEA region to offer its business payments platform.
As there was no more requirement of the wallet license, in February 2017, the company gave up its RBI issued prepaid wallet license, discontinuing all its B2C payments activity and focus only on B2B payments opportunities across geographies.
PayMate acquired an innovative and proven lending solution Zaitech Technologies Pvt. Ltd in 2018 which when combined with its proprietary B2B payments platform will revolutionize the way businesses manage their payment operations, cashflow, and get access to growth capital.
Awards and Recognition
- 2018: Awarded 'Best B2B Payment Solution Provider of the Year' at the Payments and Cards Summit in Mumbai
- 2018: Awarded 'Best Fintech Product' at ET Leaders of Tomorrow in Mumbai
- 2018: Awarded 'Best Online Payments Solution (Merchant)' at Drivers of Digital in Mumbai
- 2018: Finalist at Citi India Fintech Challenge
- 2019: Awarded 'Best B2B Payments Platform (South Asia)' by Wealth and Finance International Fintech Awards
- 2019: Awarded 'Best ePayments Solution' at International Finance Awards 2019 by Acquisition International
- 2019: Finalist for 'Best Solution Provider for Payment Systems in the Cloud' by PayTech - OVUM Innovation Awards
- "Mobile payment service, Paymate, raises millions". venturebeat.com. 10 July 2006.
- "PayPOS". TechCircle.vccircle.com. 9 May 2012.
- "TATA Indicom partners with Corporation Bank and PayMate to launch 'Green Money Transfer' in India". India Infoline News Service. 2012.
- "PayMate India surpasses $500m in annual processing run rate". moneycontrol.com. 16 July 2013.
- "PayMate expansion into CEMEA in partnership with Visa". https://techcrunch.com/. External link in
- "Paymate is surrendering its wallet licence to the RBI". medianama.com. 24 February 2017.
- Shetty, Mayur (15 May 2018). "PayMate buys online lender Z2P". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Ravi Vishvanathan, CFO PayMate accepting the award". YouTube.
- "Finalist at Citi India Fintech Challenge". https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/. External link in
- "W&F Fintech Award". https://www.wealthandfinance-news.com/winners/paymate/. External link in
- "PayMate Pivoting To B2B Platform", Techcircle, 26 November 2014
- "Cosmos Bank partners with PayMate for mobile payment solutions", Economic Times, 23 January 2008
- "MyGiftMate: Gift the SMS Way", SiliconIndia, August 2008
- "PayMate Founder Ajay Adiseshann on E-Commerce via SMS", Pod Tech, 2 May 2007