|Alma mater||Université du Québec à Montréal, Pembroke College, Oxford|
|Board member of||Twitter, Bombardier Inc., Trudeau Foundation|
|Awards||National Order of Québec|
Patrick Pichette is a Canadian businessperson. He was senior vice president and chief financial officer of Google Inc from 2008 until 2015. He is listed as a director and board member for Bombardier Inc. and the Trudeau Foundation. He is now a general partner at the venture capital fund Inovia Capital.
Early life and education
Pichette was born in Montreal.
He holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) (1987) and an MA in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from Pembroke College, Oxford. He received a Rhodes scholarship.
In March 2015, he announced he would retire to travel the world. He said he retired to "enjoy a perfectly fine midlife crisis full of bliss and beauty.” He was succeeded as CFO by Ruth Porat.
In April 2018, he announced he would be joining Inovia Capital, a venture capital firm in Montreal, Toronto and San Francisco. After becoming a general partner at Inovia Capital, and splitting his time between the firm's offices in Montreal, Toronto, and London, Pichette will head up Inovia's new office in London, announced in February 2019.
In June 2015, he received the National Order of Québec.
Pichette now lives in London, and is married to Tamar Pichette.
He is involved in a conservation and research project with Nature Conservancy Canada in protecting Kenauk, a 65,000 acre territory between Montreal and Ottawa.
- "Bell Canada Executive Patrick Pichette to Join Google Executive Team". Google.
- "Former Google CFO Patrick Pichette just joined the world of venture capital", Connie Loizos, April 11, 2018, TechCrunch
- "Former Google CFO Patrick Pichette's vacation is over: He's becoming a VC".
- "Google CFO to take on HR duties". HR Grapevine. 14 April 2011. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- Liz Gannes (April 11, 2011). "More Google Management Changes: CFO Patrick Pichette Adds BizOps and HR to His Duties". All Things D. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- Guyunn, Jessica (10 March 2015). "Google CFO Patrick Pichette to retire". USA Today. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Patrick Pichette (March 10, 2015). "Blog posting". Google Plus. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- "INovia Sngas CFOs from Google and Blackberry to Lead Growth Fund", The Globe and Mail, April 11, 2018
- "Top Google / RIM Executives Join Canada's iNovia Capital To Transform Growth Investing"Top Google", iNovia Capital
- Guest, Alex. "Inovia Capital raises $600m venture funds | Health Tech Pulse". healthtechpulse.com.
- Chairman of OSI
- brought CDL to Oxford
- http://kenauk.com and http://institutkenauk.org