|New York's 3rd|
State Senate District
|Current senator||Monica Martinez (D–Brentwood)|
26.8% No party preference
New York's 3rd State Senate district is one of 63 districts of the New York State Senate. It has been represented by Democratic Senator Monica Martinez since 2019. She succeeded former Republican Senator Thomas Croci, who served from 2015 until his retirement in 2018.
District 3 covers much of south-central Suffolk County on Long Island, including portions of Brookhaven and Islip. Most of Brentwood, the largest census-designated place on Long Island, is located within the district.
Recent election results
|Democratic gain from Republican|
|Democratic||John De Vito Jr.||1,390||42.1|
|Democratic||Joseph L. Fritz||1,012||30.7|
|Republican||Thomas Croci (incumbent)||65,713||58.1|
|Democratic||John De Vito Jr.||46,108||40.7|
|Women's Equality||Joseph L. Fritz||1,363||1.2|
|Republican||Lee Zeldin (incumbent)||51,920||55.8|
|Democratic||Francis T. Genco||41,139||44.2|
Federal results in District 3
|2016||President||Trump 51.3 – 45.3%|
|2012||President||Obama 55.4 – 43.4%|
|Senate||Gillibrand 66.7 – 32.1%|
- "State Senate District 3, NY". Census Reporter. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Enrollment by Senate District". New York State Board of Elections. February 2019.
- "Our District". Monica R. Martinez, The New York State Senate. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- David Jarman. "How do counties, House districts, and legislative districts all overlap?". Daily Kos. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- "New York State Senate District 3". Ballotpedia. Retrieved 23 June 2019.
- "Daily Kos Elections Statewide Results by LD". Daily Kos. Retrieved 23 June 2019.