This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mickey's Pirate and Princess Party was a hard-ticketed (separate admission) event held throughout the months of January through June at the Magic Kingdom theme park at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida outside Orlando. A smaller version was also planned for Disneyland Paris Resort in 2011, but was cancelled. This event combined two of The Walt Disney Company's franchises, the Disney Princess line and the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.
Walt Disney World version
Started in January 2007 and ending in 2009 at Walt Disney World, the event was created after cast members at the park saw many children dressed either as pirates or princesses at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (another ticketed event held yearly in September and October). Because of that, Walt Disney World decided to create a new event, which took two years of planning.
Each of the lands within the Magic Kingdom was centered to a theme related to royalty and piracy.
- Adventureland - Princess Jasmine and generic pirates
- Liberty Square - Pirates of the Caribbean
- Fantasyland - Ariel
- Tomorrowland - Space Pirates
- Mickey's Toontown Fair - Other Princesses such as Mulan and Snow White
- Disney's Enchanted Adventures Parade - A parade featuring all of the Princesses and Pirates (including Peter Pan and Wendy).
- Magic, Music and Mayhem - A special fireworks show held at this event.
- Dream Along With Mickey - A night time version of this daily show is held.
- Dance Parties in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.
Disneyland Paris version
A smaller version of this event was planned at Disneyland Paris for June 2011. The event was cancelled in April 2011 with no reason given, but assumption is that ticket sales were slow. However, the plan had been used in 2018, as part of its 25th anniversary celebration.
|This Disney-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|