|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Mississippi's 3rd district
|Assumed office |
January 3, 2019
|Preceded by||Gregg Harper|
Michael Patrick Guest
February 4, 1970
Woodbury, New Jersey, U.S.
|Education||Mississippi State University (BS)|
University of Mississippi (JD)
Michael Patrick Guest (born February 4, 1970) is an American attorney and Republican politician from Brandon, Mississippi who serves in the United States House of Representatives for Mississippi's 3rd congressional district, having been elected in November 2018.
Guest graduated from Mississippi State University with a bachelor's degree in accounting and the University of Mississippi School of Law with a Juris Doctor. He served as the Assistant District Attorney for Madison and Rankin counties from 1994 through 2008, and became District Attorney in 2008.
U.S. House of Representatives
2018 General election
In the 2018 elections, Guest ran for the United States House of Representatives in Mississippi's 3rd congressional district to succeed Gregg Harper, who chose not to seek reelection. In the six-way Republican primary election in June 2018, Guest received the most votes (45%), with Whit Hughes coming in second place with 22%. Because no candidate received 50% of the vote, Guest and Hughes faced each other in a primary runoff election, which Guest won. Guest defeated state Representative Michael Evans, the Democratic nominee, in the general election.
- Committee on Homeland Security
- Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Committee on Ethics
- Army Caucus
- Border Security Caucus
- Chicken Caucus
- Fire Services Caucus
- Freshman Working Group on Addiction
- Law Enforcement Caucus
- National Guard and Reserve Caucus
- Prayer Caucus
- Pro-Life Caucus
- Rice Caucus
- Sportsman Caucus
- Steel Caucus
- Statement of Organization, Friends of Michael Guest
- Michael Guest - Candidate for House of Representatives MS 3rd District. (Republican)
- "Candidate Questionnaire: Michael Guest". Jackson Free Press. May 30, 2018.
- "District Attorney Michael Guest running to replace Gregg Harper". Clarion-Ledger. January 5, 2018.
- Sarah Fowler (June 27, 2018). "Michael Guest defeats Whit Hughes in GOP House primary runoff". Clarion-Ledger.
- "Michael Guest, Whit Hughes head to Republican runoff in MS03 race". Clarion-Ledger. June 6, 2018.
- Sarah Fowler, Republican Michael Guest defeats Democrat Michael Evans in #MS03, Clarion Ledger (November 7, 2018).
- Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- Profile at Vote Smart
- Financial information (federal office) at the Federal Election Commission
- Legislation sponsored at the Library of Congress
- Appearances on C-SPAN
|U.S. House of Representatives|
|Preceded by |
| Member of the U.S. House of Representatives |
from Mississippi's 3rd congressional district
|U.S. order of precedence (ceremonial)|
|Preceded by |
| United States Representatives by seniority |