|Look up inflation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Inflation (disambiguation)|
Inflation most commonly refers to a rise in the general price level over a period of time (also known as price inflation).
Inflation may also refer to:
- Monetary inflation, an expansion in the quantity of money in an economy
- Credential inflation, the devaluing of academic credentials and increase in academic requirements, due to the increase over time of the average level of education
- Grade inflation, the increase over time of academic grades, faster than any real increase in standards
- Inflation (cosmology), the expansion of space in the early universe at a rate much faster than the speed of light; the inflationary epoch lasted from 10−36 seconds after the Big Bang to sometime between 10−33 and 10−32 seconds
- Warm inflation, a particular description of cosmological inflation
- The act of inflating an inflatable, anything designed to be expanded with air or gas (such as a balloon)
Mathematics and computation
- The action of INFLATE, the algorithm that reverses DEFLATE compression
- The inflation map in group cohomology (mathematics)
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Inflation. This |
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.