iStreamPlanet's Current Logo
Number of employees
iStreamPlanet is a Las Vegas, Nevada-based company which processes and delivers live video broadcasts over the internet. iStreamPlanet was acquired by Turner Broadcasting in 2015 and is currently operated by WarnerMedia Entertainment. The company was founded in 2000 by former NBA player Mio Babic.
iStreamPlanet has streamed a number of major sporting events, including the 2017 and 2018 NCAA March Madness Tournaments, every Olympics since 2010, the Super Bowl, the FIFA World Cup, and Formula One auto racing.
While not all of iStreamPlanet's live video streaming customers are publicly known, some of their large customers are publicly acknowledged, including:
- WarnerMedia Entertainment (including streaming of March Madness and B/R Live)
- NBC Sports (including streaming of the 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2018 Olympics)
- DirecTV Go
- Spark New Zealand
- Ramachandran, Shalini. "Time Warner's Turner Cable Unit Acquires Majority Stake In iStreamPlanet". The Wall Street Journal. The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- Smith, Gerry. "How Time Warner Is Trying to Fend Off Netflix". Bloomberg Technology. Bloomberg Technology. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- Costa, Brandon. "March Madness Live Rides Success of New Streaming Infrastructure From iStreamPlanet". Sports Video Group. Sports Video Group. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- Rayburn, Dan. "How The Olympics Were Streamed Online: Q&A With Microsoft & iStreamPlanet". Streaming Media Blog. Streaming Media. Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- "About iStreamPlanet". iStreamPlanet. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- Impey, Steven. "Spark names US stream team for new sports OTT platform". SportsPro.