ICF Canoe Marathon World Championships is an International Canoe Federation competitions in canoe marathon in which athletes compete over long distances. The race usually starts and ends at the same place, and includes portages. Race categories vary by the number of athletes in the boat, the length of the course, and whether the boat is a canoe or kayak. In a kayak, the paddler is seated in the direction of travel, and uses a double-bladed paddle. In a canoe the paddler kneels on one knee with the other leg forward and foot flat on the floor inside the boat, and paddles a single-bladed paddle on one side only. The World Championships were held every two years from 1988, becoming annual in 1998.
- 1988: Nottingham, United Kingdom
- 1990: Copenhagen, Denmark
- 1992: Brisbane, Australia
- 1994: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 1996: Vaxholm, Sweden
- 1998: Cape Town, South Africa
- 1999: Győr, Hungary
- 2000: Dartmouth, Canada
- 2001: Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
- 2002: Zamora, Spain
- 2003: Valladolid, Spain
- 2004: Bergen, Norway
- 2005: Perth, Australia
- 2006: Tremolat, France
- 2007: Győr, Hungary
- 2008: Týn nad Vltavou, Czech Republic
- 2009: Gaia, Portugal
- 2010: Banyoles, Spain
- 2011: Singapore
- 2012: Rome, Italy
- 2013: Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2014: Oklahoma City, United States
- 2015: Győr, Hungary
- 2016: Brandenburg an der Havel, Germany
- 2017: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
- 2018: Vila Verde, Portugal
- 2019: Shaoxing, China
- 2020: Baerum, Norway
- 2021: Pitesti, Romania
- 2022: Ponte de Lima, Portugal
The following tables give the results.
|2015||Zsanett Lakatos (HUN)||Kincső Takács (HUN)||Marine Sansinena (FRA)|
|2016||Zsanett Lakatos (HUN)||Julie Cailleretz (FRA)||Liudmyla Babak (UKR)|
|2017||Liudmyla Babak (UKR)||Zsanett Lakatos (HUN)||Jana Ježová (CZE)|
|2018||Liudmyla Babak (UKR)||Zsófia Kisbán (HUN)||Marine Sansinena (FRA)|
|2019||Liudmyla Babak (UKR)||Xin Caiyun (CHN)||Zsófia Kisbán (HUN)|
2015 ICF Classic Series events
- Drak Challenge in RSA 2 days, 65 km, no portages, up to grade 3 rapid
- Waterland Marathon NED Length 23 km with 2 portages.
- Crestuma POR At the 2009 World Championships Venue. 5 laps of 4.3 km with 5 portages.
- Avon Descent AUS 2 Day event. Day 1 52 km, Day 2 72 km. Total 124 km. 10 Stages over 2 days with up to Grade 4 Rapids
- Descent of the River Sella ESP Along the Sella River between Arriondas and Ribadesella bridges (20 km.).
- Dalsland Canoe Marathon SWE From Baldersnäs Manor to the guest harbour in Bengtsfors. Race distance 55 km mainly on lakes.
- Tour de Gudenå: Silkeborg DEN From Silkeborg to Randers 73 km
- Liffey Descent Canoe Race: Dublin IRE From Straffan Village to Dubli. Distance 18 miles on a flowing river with wiers.
- Adige Marathon ITA Length: 35 km, from Borghetto di Avio (Trento) to Pescantina (Verona)
- Cesky Krumlov River Marathon CZE From Vyssi Brod to Cesky Krumlov. Distance 34 km on flowing river with 9 wiers.