This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Hatch End High School|
Students thrive in this school
|Head teacher||Sue Maguire|
|Colour(s)||Black and Red|
The examination results at GCSE and A Level have consistently been in the top 10% of all schools nationally in recent years.
Hatch End High School forms part of the Harrow collegiate Sixth Form. There are 1100 students across Years 7 to 11 and there are over 300 students in the Sixth Form.
- Gareth Thomas - English Politician
- Loick Essien – Singer
- Paul Rose - Screenwriter and Journalist
- Melissa Suffield - Actress
- Philip Glenister – Actor
- Kristian Leontiou – Singer
- Jerome Thomas - Footballer
- 1948/49 - Blackwell School opened.
- 1950 - The Main School Building (originally built for 900 pupils)
- Architect: Cecil Stillman, Middlesex County Council.
- Builders: W. S. Try Ltd. High Street, Cowley.
- Consultant Engineers: F. J. Samuely BSc (Eng)
- 1953 - The Great Hall, was completed on site.
- Architects: John and Elizabeth Eastwick-Field
- Builders: The Anglo-Scottish Construction Company Ltd
- Consultant Engineers: F. J. Samuely and Partners Ltd
- 1974 (September) - Comprehensive Education was introduced in Harrow. Blackwell was reborn as Hatch End High School.
- 1995 - Hatch End's grounds were used to film the TV series The Demon Headmaster.
- 2004 - Round House (drama centre) opened.
- 2006 - Hatch End Sixth Form was established.
- 2010 - Hatch End Sixth Form, a new modern building, was opened by Gareth Thomas (local MP).
- 2011 - Hatch End High school gained academy status.
- 2013 - M.U.G.A. opened (floodlit AstroTurf).
- 2014 - Hatch End Radio Studio opened and allowed students to host a radio station during 35 minute breaks. The show originally won a world record 'Longest Marathon Radio Show (Team)', by staff members Chris Firth and Richard Parker, the show lasted 74 hours.
- 2015, 2016 - Top 10% of all schools nationally for GCSE and A Level results.
- 2017 - Refurbishment completed of the school's 600 seater performance venue the 'Great Hall'.
- 2018.2019 - Over 50% of all GCSE grades were the strong pass – 9-5 and a fifth with the very highest grades 9-7.
- 2019 - Hatch End High School opened their new school building.
- "Blackwell, History, 1948-74". Myweb.tiscali.co.uk. Retrieved 6 March 2012.