The Order of the Holy Sepulchre and the Sovereign Military Order of Malta are the only two institutions whose insignia may be displayed in a clerical coat of arms. Laypersons have no such restrictions.
|Heraldry of the Order of the Holy Sepulchre|
|Coat of arms||Office||Description|
|Clerics||Clerics quarter their Arms with those of the Order.|
|Patriarch Grand Prior and Assessor||The Arms of the Order are borne in Chief.|
|Knights / Dames of the Collar, Lieutenants, members of the Grand Magisteruim, and Grand Priors||The Arms are impaled with the Arms of the Order to the dexter.|
|Lay members of titled nobility||The Arms of lay members with recognised noble titles (as with those of Archbishops, Bishops and Prelates) are placed on the Cross of the Order, a privilege which is not transmissible.|
|Hierarchy of the Order|
|Cardinal Grand Master||The Cardinal Grand Master's Arms are quartered with those of the Order. The Galero and cross of a Cardinal are used, with the Mantle of the Order surmounted with the helm and crest of the Order, and with the relevant external ornaments.|
|Patriarch Grand Prior and the Assessor||The Patriarch Grand Prior and the Assessor bear the Arms of the Order in the chief of his Arms, with the relevant external ornaments.|
|Knight / Dame of the Collar, Lieutenants, members of the Grand Magisterium, and Grand Priors||The Arms are impaled with the Arms of the Order to the dexter. Knights of the Collar surround the Arms with the Collar of the Order.|
|Knight / Dame Grand Cross||The Arms are surrounded with a black ribbon from which is suspended a trophy and the Cross of the Order.|
|Knight / Dame Commanders with Star / Grand Officers||The Cross of the Order is suspended from a trophy on a black ribbon coming from the sides of the shield.|
|Knight / Dame Commanders||The Cross of the Order is suspended from a black ribbon limited to the base of the shield.|
|Knights and Dames||The Cross of the Order is suspended from the shield with a simple black knot.|
|Cardinal Grand Masters |
of the Order of the Holy Sepulchre
|Years||Coat of arms||Name|
|1972-1988||Maximilien de Furstenberg|
|2007-2011||John Patrick Foley|
- Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem, Grand Prior
- Antonio Franco (Archbishop), Assessor
- Conte Agostino Borromeo, Lieutenant General
- Conte Leonardo Visconti di Modrone, Governor General
- P. Thomas Pogge, Vice-Governor General for North America
- Jean-Pierre Glutz-Ruchti, Vice-Governor General for Europe
- Paul Bartley, Vice-Governor General for Asia and the Pacific region
- Alfredo Bastianelli, Chancellor.
- Fortunato Frezza (Msgr)(Canon of St.Peter's), Master of Ceremonies of the Order.
Alois Kothgasser, Archbishop Emeritus of Salzburg
Seán Cardinal Brady, Archbishop Emeritus of Armagh
Regent ad interim and Grand Prior:
Monsignor Héctor Aguer, Archbishop of La Plata
|United States - Western: |
Michael Scott Feeley
Archbishop Jose H. Gomez, Archbishop of Los Angeles
|Australia - New South Wales:|
Glen John Coorey
Cardinal George Pell
|Source : Official website|
- Grand Master (order)
- List of Grand Masters of the Knights Hospitaller
- Grand Masters of the Teutonic Knights
- Grand Masters of the Order of Saint Lazarus
- Grand Masters of the Knights Templar
- "Official website page 1". Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2015-12-21.
- "Il Gran Magistero dell'Ordine Equestre del Santo Sepolcro di Gerusalemme". Vatican.va. Archived from the original on 2015-12-21. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/institutions_connected/oessh/gran_magistero.html. Missing or empty
- "The Grand Magisterium's 2016 Autumn Meeting". www.oessh.va. Retrieved 2017-05-17.
- "Grand Magisterium - Vatican". Grand Magisterium. Vatican. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Il Gran Magistero dell'Ordine Equestre del Santo Sepolcro di Gerusalemme".