George B. Glover (traditional Chinese: 吉羅福, simplified Chinese: 吉罗福; 8 Jul 1827 - 4 Oct 1885) was an American who served as a diplomat and also a commissioner in the Imperial Chinese Maritime Customs Service during the late nineteenth century.
|Apr 1858 or before |
- Sep 1858 or after
|United States Vice-Consul and Acting Consul at Shanghai|
|around Jun 1859||United States Consul at Shanghai|
|1859-1870||Commissioner of Maritime Customs at Canton (see Fairbank et al., p. 41)|
|1870-1872||on home leave (see Fairbank et al., p. 70)|
|Apr 1872-Oct 1873||Commissioner of Maritime Customs at Fuhchau|
|around 1876||Commissioner of Maritime Customs at Shanghai (see Fairbank et al., p. 227)|
|around 1877||Chairman of Shantung Famine Relief Fund (China Famine Relief Fund later)|
|around 1879||Consul at Shanghai|
|around 1882||Commissioner of Maritime Customs at Kiukiang|
- Eliza Starbuck Barney Genealogical Record, Nantucket Historical Association.
- The Executive Documents, Senate of the United States, First Session of the Thirty-Sixth Congress, 1859-60, pp. 248, 489-490.
- Receipts and Expenditures, in the Executive Documents, House of Representatives, the First Session of the Thirty-Sixth Congress, 1859-60, p. 20.
- Fairbank, J.K., Bruner, K.F., and Matheson, E.M. (ed.), The I. G. in Peking: Letters of Robert Hart, Chinese Maritime Customs, 1868-1907, Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, ISBN 0-674-44320-9, 1975.
- 福州市志 ("Fuzhou City Chronicles"), 福州市地方志编纂委员会 (Editorial Committee of Fuzhou City Chronicles), vol. 5
- China Famine Relief Fund. Shanghai Committee (1879-01-01). The great famine : [Report of the Committee of the China Famine Relief Fund]. [Shanghai : American Presbyterian Mission Press.
- Fashion Amid the Fossils, New York Times, June 11, 1879.
- Revue de l'Extrême Orient, vol. 1, p.495, 1882.