|Original author(s)||Enrico Tröger|
|Initial release||October 19, 2005|
1.36.0 / September 28, 2019
|Written in||C, C++|
|Size||14 MB (Windows)|
It is free software licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL version 2 or later. In 2012, the version number was increased to 1.22 from 0.21 to reflect the maturity of the product, as requested by many users.
- Multiple document support
- Simple project management
- Syntax highlighting
- Code folding (partially)
- Symbol lists
- Code navigation
- Embedded terminal emulator
- Build system to compile and execute code using external tools
- Extensible via plugins
- Column / block / vertical select (via SHIFT + CTRL + arrow keys)
- User configurable keyboard action to editor function mapping
- "geany/geany: A fast and lightweight IDE". GitHub. 11 July 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- "GNU General Public License : Version 2, June 1991". geany.svn.sourceforge.net. Archived from the original on 2013-05-18. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Fast, powerful Geany editor offers IDE features". Linux.com. Archived from the original on 2009-02-08. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "geany.darwinports.com". geany.darwinports.com. Archived from the original on 2010-02-16. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Running Geany on Windows". Geany. Retrieved 2020-01-01.
- "Supported Filetypes". Geany. Retrieved 2020-01-01.
- "Notepad++ and Scintilla". Retrieved 2019-02-18.
- "Geany news archive".
Many users told us our version numbers didn't reflect the maturity of Geany to their eyes, and wished it to be changed to reflect that. So after some discussion we decided to rename this version 1.22 instead of 0.22.
- "Freelancer's Playground! | Using Geany's VTE". Bayu.freelancer.web.id. 2008-08-26. Archived from the original on 2011-09-10. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
Media related to Geany at Wikimedia Commons
|This free and open-source software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This programming-tool-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|