This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: fact checking from people familiar with the channel (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||14 August 2018|
|Owned by||Gourmet Foods|
|Picture format||16:9 (1080i50, HDTV)|
|Slogan||G Janta Hai|
|Headquarters||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|PTCL Smart TV (Pakistan)||014|
|Watch Live||Watch Live|
It was launched in 2005 as CNBC Pakistan under a license from CNBC Asia Pacific. It was then owned by Vision Network Television Limited. In 2015, it was renamed as Jaag TV and was relaunched. In 2018, it was again relaunched with a news name GNN.
It started its transmission under name of CNBC Pakistan by taking license from CNBC Asia. It was then owned by Vision Network Television.
In 2015, it was relaunched as Jaag TV after struggling to compete in Pakistani market. The channel continued to struggle and was bought by Pakistani bakery company, Gourmet Bakeries. Reportedly, they bought it for ₨1.5 billion to diversify their business.
In 2018, company announced their attention to rename the channel and relaunch it under name, G News Network. For this purpose, they appointed Amir Mir brother of Hamid Mir Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the channel.
On August 10, 2018, Hamid Mir left Geo TV and joined GNN as President of the channel along with two other colleagues Sohail Warraich and Munib Farooq. But his stint remained brief at GNN as two months later on October 12, 2018, Hamid Mir left GNN.
Senior journalist Dr Shahid Masood joined GNN as President on 14 April, 2019, continuing his show "Live With Dr. Shahid Masood".
- Khabar Hai
- Live With Dr Shahid Masood
- Clash with Imran Khan
- Joke Dar Joke
- Face to Face with Ayesha Bakhsh
- G Kay Sung
- Taron Sy Karain Batain
- Food Street
- Aisa Dais Hai Mera
- Global Insight
- "Food 'giant' Gourmet set to launch TV channel - Profit by Pakistan Today". 7 May 2018.
- "Blurred vision: Where is Pakistani television headed? - The Express Tribune". 5 May 2013.
- ڈیسک, ویب (11 August 2018). "'تبدیلی آگئی ہے' حامد میر اور جیو کا ساتھ ختم؟".
- Bhatti, Arif Hameed (2019-06-13). "I have joined GNN as COO, I hope I will be able to full-fill expectations of viewers. Do wish me luck!pic.twitter.com/y9r8fnwaMe". @arifhameed15. Retrieved 2019-06-13.
- GNN (2019-06-13), Renowned Analyst, Investigative Journalist Arif Hameed Bhatti joins GNN as COO, retrieved 2019-06-13
- "GNN shows Youtube playlist". 11 Sep 2018.