|Number of teams||16|
|Current champions||Portugal (16th title)|
|Most successful team(s)||Spain (17 titles)|
|2019 Roller Hockey World Cup|
The World Skate Roller Hockey World Cup is the international championship for roller hockey organized by World Skate. The first event was held in 1936, in the city of Stuttgart. Since 1989, the World Championship tournament is held every two years on the odd years. Until 2017, it was organized by the Fédération Internationale de Roller Sports. As of 2019, following the merge between the FIRS and the International Skateboarding Federation, the World Cup is now an event of the larger World Roller Games.
Through the 2019 World Cup, only five countries have taken the Roller Hockey World Cup: England winning two times, Portugal winning sixteen times, Spain winning seventeen times, Italy winning four times and Argentina winning five times.
Since the 2003 World Cup all events have been 16-team events, featuring a four group round-robin tournament with four teams in each group. The top two teams in each group advance to an eight team knockout final series.
|Team||Titles||Runners-up||Third place||Fourth place||Top 4 |
FIRS Roller Hockey "B" World Championship
|Number of teams||7 – 9|
|Current champions||Austria (1st title)|
|Most successful team(s)||United States (3 titles)|
The FIRS Roller Hockey "B" World Championship was the second-tier level international championship for roller hockey organized by FIRS. The event was a 7 to 9-team event, featuring a two group round-robin tournament. The top four teams in each group advanced to an eight team knockout final series. This model was discontinued in favour of a B group in the "A" World Championship, starting with the 2017 FIRS Roller Hockey World Cup.
The first three-placed nations were granted an entry to next year's "A" World Championship and the last three-placed nations on the "A" tournament were relegated to the next year's "B" World Championship.
|Totals (18 nations)||16||16||16||48|
- "World Roller Games 2017: from Barcelona to Nanjing". RollerSports.org. Fédération Internationale de Roller Sports (FIRS). 28 January 2016. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "Signed the institutional agreement for the 2019 edition of the FIRS Roller Games in Barcelona". RollerSports.org. Fédération Internationale de Roller Sports (FIRS). 3 June 2016. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Argentina will host the 2021 World Skate Games". World Skate. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- Despite winning the tournament, Catalonia did not contest the 2005 "A" World Championship due to the FIRS not endorsing its final acceptance. They participated in this event as a provisional member.
- CERH (Comité Européen de Rink Hockey) official website
- http://www.worldskate.org/ World Skate official website