Elizur H. Prindle
From Photographs of the Officers and Members of the Constitutional Convention of the State of New York, 1867.
|Member of the New York State Assembly|
for Chenango County, 1st District
|Preceded by||David B. Parce|
|Succeeded by||George W. Sumner|
|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from New York's 19th district
|Preceded by||Charles Knapp|
|Succeeded by||Henry H. Hathorn|
|Born||May 6, 1829|
Newtown, Connecticut, U.S.
|Died||October 7, 1890 (aged 61)|
Norwich, New York, U.S.
|Resting place||Mount Hope Cemetery, Norwich, New York, U.S.|
At the start of the American Civil War he was one of several leading citizens in Norwich who worked to raise a company for the Union Army, which was mustered in as Company H, 17th New York Volunteer Infantry. Later in the war he took part in raising a company which was mustered in as part of 114th New York Volunteer Infantry.
He died in Norwich on October 7, 1890, and was interred in Norwich's Mount Hope Cemetery.
- History of Chenango and Madison Counties, p. 329.
- History of Chenango and Madison Counties, pp. 123-125.
- New York State Assembly (1911). Documents of the Assembly of the State of New York. 31. Albany, NY: J. B. Lyon Company. p. 40.
- Underhill, E. F. (1868). Report of the Proceedings and Debates of the Convention for the Constitution of the State of New York. I. Albany, NY: Weed, Parsons & Co. p. 18.
- "The House of Representatives" (PDF). New York Times. New York, NY. March 8, 1871.
- "Obituary Notes: Hon. E. H. Prindle". Middletown Times-Press. Middletown, NY. October 9, 1890. p. 2. (Subscription required (help)). Cite uses deprecated parameter
- United States Congress. "Elizur H. Prindle (id: P000541)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
- Elizur H. Prindle at Find a Grave
Smith, James Hadden (1880). History of Chenango and Madison Counties. I. Syracuse, NY: D. Mason & Co.
|New York Assembly|
|Preceded by |
David B. Parce
| New York State Assembly |
Chenango County, 1st District
George W. Sumner
|U.S. House of Representatives|
|Preceded by |
| Member of the U.S. House of Representatives |
from New York's 19th congressional district
Henry H. Hathorn
This article incorporates public domain material from the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress website http://bioguide.congress.gov.