This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Private Medical college|
|Established||October 30, 1945|
The De Los Santos – STI College Inc. (formerly known as De Los Santos College) is a merged institute between the De Los Santos College and Systems Technological Institute (STI). It is located along Epifanio Rodriguez Sr. Boulevard, in Quezon City, Philippines.
The De Los Santos College was established and recognized by DECS (Dept. of Education, Culture and Sports) in 1975 as part of the expanding services of the De Los Santos Medical Center (now known as DLS – STI Medical Center) to the Filipino community. It was founded by Dr. Jose V. De Los Santos, founder of Philippine Orthopedics on 1975. The school opened its College of Nursing with 65 students. Application were limited to students with a minimum rating of 95% in their NCEE (National College Entrance Examination) were accepted into the College of Nursing to increase the quality of the institution. In 1981, the school opened courses in Junior Secretarial and Midwifery. The DLS College also included the College of Physical Therapy which has received DECS authority to operate in June 1993.
On September 2002, the merger with Systems Technological Institute (STI), an Information and Communications Technology centered educational institution was established. The merger produced DLS-STI College of Health Profession Inc.
On October 2013, STI Health Professionals, through sister company PWU purchased 100 percent of Makati Medical Center College Inc. from Medical Doctors Inc., a subsidiary of the Metro Pacific Investments Corporation.
"DE LOS SANTOS – STI (College of Health Professionals, Inc.)". Nurse Directory. Retrieved March 29, 2008.