The Cross-Strait CEO Summit (CSCS; simplified Chinese: 两岸企业家峰会; traditional Chinese: 兩岸企業家峰會; pinyin: Liǎng'àn Qǐyèjiā Fēnghuì; Liǎng'àn Qìyèjiā Fēnghuì) is the cross-strait summit between Mainland China and Taiwan on business enterprises collaboration between the two sides. The annual event is being held alternately between Nanjing and Taipei.
The 2013 summit was held in Nanjing. The summit resulted in the creation of seven task forces for cross-strait collaboration in biotechnology, healthcare, culture, creative, energy, petrochemical and home appliances, small and medium enterprises and emerging business sectors.
The 2014 summit was held in Taipei on 15-16 December in Taipei International Convention Center. The summit was attended by 800 business executives, experts, scholars and government officials. There were 31 agreements and memorandum of understandings signed in total, including the establishments of Taiwan product center in Shanghai Free-Trade Zone.
The 2015 summit was held in Nanjing on 3-4 November. The summit was attended by 850 academia, business and industry executives. There were 34 agreements and memorandum of understandings signed in total, including cooperation in biotechnology, culture, finance, integrated circuits, medical, natural gas, petrochemical and telecommunication fields.
The 2017 summit was held in Nanjing on 6-7 November with the theme of New Situation, New Business Opportunities and New Mindset. Mainland China was represented by Chairman of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference Yu Zhengsheng. The summit was attended by 700 business leaders from both sides. There were 29 agreements and memorandum of understandings signed in total.
The 2018 summit was held in Xiamen, Fujian on 3-5 December. The summit was attended by 1,100 entrepreneurs, industrial and business group of people. There was a US$1.5 billion deal signed in total.
The 2019 summit is currently held in Nanjing on 4-5 November with the theme of Strengthening Integration Development, Building Mutual Markets. Taiwan was represented by Vincent Siew and Mainland China was represented by Chairman of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference Wang Yang.
- Her, Kelly (1 January 2016). "Forums Bridging the Strait". Taiwan Today. Retrieved 5 November 2019.
- "Cross-Strait CEO Summit". East Asia Peace & Security Initiative. Retrieved 5 November 2019.
- Yeh, Joseph (12 November 2017). "Commercial Times: Cross-Strait CEO Summit's new direction". Focus Taiwan. Retrieved 5 November 2019.
- Xia, Li (28 November 2018). "Annual meeting of cross-Strait entrepreneurs summit to begin". Xinhuanet. Retrieved 5 November 2019.
- Xia, Li (5 December 2018). "Cross-Strait entrepreneurs annual conference concludes". Xinhuanet. Retrieved 5 November 2019.
- Cheng, Ching-tse (4 November 2019). "Taiwan joins Cross-Strait CEO Summit in China". Taiwan News. Retrieved 5 November 2019.