Clatford Priory

Clatford Priory, also called Hullavington Priory, was a priory in Wiltshire, England.

The churches at Hullavington and Surrendell, both southwest of Malmesbury, were granted to the Benedictine abbey of Saint-Victor-en-Caux (Saint-Victor-l'Abbaye, Seine-Maritime) in the late 11th or early 12th century, and the establishment later gained the manors of Hullavington and Clatford, west of Marlborough. Priors are intermittently recorded from 1261 until about 1390. In 1441 the priory's land was given to Eton College.[1]

References[edit]

  1. ^ Pugh, R.B.; Crittall, Elizabeth, eds. (1956). "Victoria County History - Wiltshire - Vol 3 pp393-394 - Alien houses: Priory of Clatford or Hullavington". British History Online. University of London. Retrieved 27 September 2017.