This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|President||Dr. James G. Dy|
|Dean||Iris Chua-So, RN, MAN (College of Nursing); James Christopher Chua, RMT, MSPH (College of Medical Technology)|
|Students||less than 1000|
286 Blumentritt St., Sta. Cruz, Manila,
The Chinese General Hospital Colleges (Formerly Known as Chinese General Hospital College of Nursing and Liberal Arts) was established in 1921 as the Chinese General Hospital School of Nursing (CGHSN). The idea was conceived by Dr. Jose Tee Han Kee, who was the Director of the Chinese General Hospital. With him were three physicians who organized the training school. The Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate Conception (M.I.C. Sisters) based in Hong Kong and Canton, China were requested by Dr. Tee Han Kee to help in starting the school. The first batch of five sisters arrived in August 1921. Mrs. Praxedes Co Tui, a registered nurse from the Philippine General Hospital was appointed as Chief Nurse and Principal of the School of Nursing.
CGHC is owned and managed by the Philippine Chinese Charitable Association (PCCA) Inc. The PCCA is a non-stock, non-profit service organization.
In 2012, The College began to offer new courses namely, Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, BS in Psychology, BS in Radiologic Technology and Diploma in Midwifery.
As of today, 6 undergrad courses are being offered: BS Nursing, BS Medical Technology, BS Psychology, BS Radiologic Technology, BS Physical Therapy and Diploma in Midwifery. 1 post graduate course: College of Medicine and STEM strand for Senior Highschool.
Areas of Exposure for the Student's Related Learning Experience
- Obstetrics and Gynecology wards
- Pediatric wards
- Medical-Surgical wards
- Semi-Pay and Charity wards
- Out Patient Department and Clinics
- Geriatric Home
- Intensive Care Unit
- Coronary Care Unit
- Neurology Intensive Care Unit
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Emergency Room
- Delivery Room
- Operating Room
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- Heart Institute-Telemetry Unit
- Hemodialysis Unit
- Other Areas/Departments: EEG, Nuclear Medicine, Heart Station, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Endoscopy, Pulmonary, Ultrasound, CT Scan, MRI, Radiation Oncology, Laboratory. Etc.
- Philippine Heart Center
- Philippine Orthopedic Center
- San Lazaro Hospital
- National Center for Mental Health
- Quezon City Health Department
- East Avenue Medical Center
- Tondo Medical Center
- Bulacan Medical Center