This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||28 January 2008|
|Network||Eda Televizyon Yayıncılık ve Prodüksiyon A.Ş.|
|Owned by||Doğan Yayın Holding (50%)|
Warner Bros. Europe (50%)
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Slogan||"My Channel" (2008-present)|
English (available in SAP with translated continuity)
|Broadcast area||Turkey |
|Turksat 4A||11977 H 27500 5/6|
|Tivibu EV||Channel 121|
|Turkcell TV+||Channel 112|
|Watch Cartoon Network Turkey|
The channel was launched on 28 January 2008. On 4 April 2011, the channel received the Check It 1.0 brand with new bumpers, television IDs, promos, and continuity. It also promoted new movies ads in the year 2011 during the commercial breaks (such as Şirinler and Hediye Operasyonu) with scenes from the movie mixed up with the Check It 1.0 brand.
On 1 January 2015, the channel rebranded itself with new graphics (Check It 3.0). One year later, on 6 October 2016, the channel switched from 4:3 to 16:9 aspect ratio. On 1 January 2017, Cartoon Network started to use graphics from Cartoon Network USA's Dimensional 2016 rebrand package.
The channel displays ratings before each program and a few seconds once it starts or comes back from commercials (in this case only the number appears). The ratings are described as follows:
- Genel İzleyici (General Audience) is used for shows suitable for a general audience. We Bare Bears (TV-Y7 in the US), Summer Camp Island (TV-Y7), New Looney Tunes (TV-Y7) and Craig of the Creek (TV-Y7) currently use this rating, as well as many movies and miscellaneous programs on the channel.
- 7 Yaş ve Üzeri & Şiddet (7+ Violence/Horror) is used for shows suitable for children aged 7 and up which contain fantasy violence and/or horror. The Powerpuff Girls (TV-Y7-FV in the US), Supernoobs (TV-Y7-FV), Unikitty! (TV-Y7) and Yo-Kai Watch (TV-Y7-FV) currently use this rating.
- 7 Yaş ve Üzeri & Olumsuz (7+ Negative Examples) is used for shows suitable for children aged 7 and up which contain negative examples. Shows in the Total Drama franchise (TV-PG/TV-PG-D) currently use this rating.
- 7 Yaş ve Üzeri & Şiddet & Olumsuz (7+ with Violence/Horror and Negative Examples) is used for shows suitable for children aged 7 and up which contain both negative examples, fantasy violence and/or horror. The Amazing World of Gumball (TV-Y7-FV), Mighty Magiswords (TV-Y7), Adventure Time (TV-PG/TV-PG-V), Teen Titans Go! (TV-PG) and Regular Show (TV-PG/TV-PG-V) currently use this rating (some of the shows mentioned use edited versions for some episodes).
- "Cartoon Network Turkey Rebrands For 2017". RegularCapital: International Cartoon Network News. Retrieved 6 January 2017.