|Launched||September 17, 1993|
(As Cartoon Network Europe's part)
September 24, 1997
(As autonomic channel)
|Owned by||Warner Bros. France|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Headquarters||Turner House, |
Great Marlborough Street,
London, United Kingdom
|Canalsat||Channel 160 (SD)|
Channel 581 (HD)
|Numericable||Channel 210 (SD only)|
Prior to 2000, most shows were broadcast in their original language. In 2002 and 2003, all shows were changed to French dubbing. Cartoon Network broadcast mainly Hanna-Barbera and Warner Bros. cartoons in the early 2000s. In 2006, the channel changed its programs to aim of a more modern audience by removing old shows. It replaced them with movies and a few live-action series.
Starting in 2010, it broadcasts less Hanna-Barbera productions. Most of these were taken to the sister network Boomerang. An original video game titled Cartoon Network: Clash Of Heroes XL was released on the Xbox 360 and Nintendo 3DS. In 2012, Cartoon Network began to air the first seasons of Wakfu: The Animated Series. In early 2014, Turner announced the new series Uncle Grandpa, Steven Universe and Clarence.
Cartoon Network France is also available in French-speaking countries in Africa. On 25 July 2016, Cartoon Network France fully rebranded using graphics from the Check It 4.0 branding package. On 4 September 2017, Cartoon Network France fully rebranded using graphics from the Dimensional branding package.
Cartoon Network HD
On May 13, 2014, Cartoon Network HD launched on Canalsat.
The block was launched on March 4, 2011 and airs every night from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. on Cartoon Network France. It has aired Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, Metalocalypse, Moral Orel, Robot Chicken and Squidbillies. Like most international Adult Swim blocks, it does not air Fox and action shows. Most of the block's programming is not dubbed and airs with English audio and French subtitles.
In the early 2000s, there was a late-night block called "Dezaxe", which carried the 2001 Adult Swim look, but did not have any adult shows, except for Home Movies. Case Closed was aired on Cartoon Network and Toonami. Dezaxe aired random Cartoon Network shows and old promos.
- "Europe Plan By Turner". The New York Times. 9 March 1993. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- "Cartoon Network (French Lang.)". Ofcom. Archived from the original on 6 October 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Les offres d'abonnements Cartoon Network". Cartoon Network France (in French). Archived from the original on 2014-09-03. Retrieved 2014-09-02.
- "TNT et Cartoon Channel sur Astra, archive du mensuel". Satellite TV (in French). September 1993. Retrieved 2 May 2013..
- "TÉLÉ: GUIDE DES 200 CHAINES. Bouquets numériques: les trois offres concurrentes". Libération (in French). 24 September 1997. Retrieved 2 May 2013..
- Pierre Faviez (2010). La Télé : un destin animé (in French). ISBN 2748047265..
- Julie Bordenave. "Rentrée 2002 sur Cartoon network". Animeland (in French). Retrieved 21 April 2014..
- Jerem (26 April 2012). "Cartoon Network PTE XL en France : des images". Jeuxvideo24.com (in French). Archived from the original on 2013-11-10. Retrieved 31 July 2013..
- "WAKFU diffusé sur Cartoon Network et BOING en France, en Espagne et en Italie" (in French). Archived from the original on 10 November 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Après une année record, Turner kids fait le plein de nouveautés". comicsystems.fr (in French). Retrieved 21 April 2014..
- "Cartoon Network / Boomerang / TCM : reprise dans 28 pays africains après accord avec StarTimes". Satellifax (in French). Retrieved 2014-09-02.
- "Cartoon Network France Rebranded Today 25th July 2016". RegularCapital: Cartoon Network International News. RegularCapital.com. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- "Cartoon Network France Rebranded Today 4th September". RegularCapital: Cartoon Network International News Blog. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2014-07-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "[adult swim] arrive en France et en Suisse le 4 mars 2011 ! | Adult Swim". Adultswim.fr. Archived from the original on 2011-03-10. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- CartoonNetwork.fr (Official French Website)