It is not expected to be voted on until 2021.
It adds a new principle to the "Original Principles" of C:
15. Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) should be self-documenting when possible. In particular, the order of parameters in function declarations should be arranged such that the size of an array appears before the array. The purpose is to allow Variable-Length Array (VLA) notation to be used. This not only makes the code's purpose clearer to human readers, but also makes static analysis easier. Any new APIs added to the Standard should take this into consideration.
Among proposed features:
- decimal floating-point type
- single-argument _Static_assert, attributes
- extended binary floating-point arithmetic, decimal floating-point arithmetic
- memccpy(), strdup(), strndup()
- "History of C". cppreference.
- Michael Larabel. "GCC 9 Compiler Adds -std=c2x And -std=gnu2x For Future C Language Update".