|Publication date||September 2018|
|No. of issues||3|
|Written by||Brian Azzarello|
Batman: Damned is a comic book limited series published by DC Comics under its DC Black Label imprint. Written by Brian Azzarello and illustrated by Lee Bermejo, it spans three issues and began on September 19, 2018. Though considered a standalone story, the series is a loose follow-up to the 2008 graphic novel Joker. In Damned, the Joker turns up dead, and Batman recruits John Constantine to help him find the killer.
Batman: Damned is written by Brian Azzarello and illustrated by Lee Bermejo, with cover art by Bermejo and Jim Lee. It is published by DC Comics as a three-issue limited series and is the first comic of its DC Black Label imprint. It began on September 19, 2018. Azzarello and Bermejo previously collaborated on the 2008 graphic novel Joker, to which Damned is a spiritual sequel. As it is part of the Black Label line, Damned will not feature any connections to other Batman stories. Its story will also feature elements of supernatural horror.
Batman: Damned is set in a different continuity from the main DC Universe. In the story, the Joker is discovered dead in the water near the Gotham Gate Bridge, and Batman is the prime suspect. Batman enlists the help of John Constantine; together, they delve into the supernatural side of Gotham to find the killer.
- Saavendra, John (June 20, 2018). "Batman Kills the Joker in Upcoming DC Story". Den of Geek. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- Jackson, Londyn (March 8, 2018). "Azzarello & Bermejo Reunite to Kill the Joker in Batman: Damned". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- Dyce, Andrew (March 8, 2018). "The Joker FINALLY Dies in New Batman Comic". Screen Rant. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- Lu, Alexander (March 8, 2018). "New DC prestige imprint Black Label promises legendary new stories told by stars like DeConnick, Miller & Romita Jr., free from continuity". Comics Beat. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- Zachary, Brandon (October 9, 2018). "DC Wishes Batman: Damned Nudity Had Never Happened". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved February 21, 2019.