This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
Backchannel is an online magazine that publishes in-depth stories on technology-related news. Numerous prominent journalists have been recruited to write for the site, including Steven Levy, Andrew Leonard, Susan P. Crawford, Virginia Heffernan, Doug Menuez, Peter Diamandis, Jessi Hempel, and many others. In addition, Backchannel has interviewed many notable figures, such as Demis Hassabis of Google DeepMind and Orrin Hatch of the Republican Party.
Backchannel began as an in-house publication on Medium (website). In 2016, Backchannel was purchased by Condé Nast. In 2017, it was announced  that Backchannel would be moving off of Medium and be hosted by Wired (magazine), while remaining editorially independent.
- Levy, Steven. "Will the New Congress Pass a Tech Agenda? Orrin Hatch Says Yes".
- Leonard, Andrew. "All William Gibson's Futures".
- Susan, Crawford. "From Phone Booths to Hot Spots".
- Virginia, Heffernan. "#Scrabblegate".
- Doug, Menuez. "Pictures from a Revolution".
- Diamandis, Peter. "Why I Implanted an RFID Tag in My Hand".
- "The Deep Mind of Demis Hassabis".
- "Will the New Congress Pass a Tech Agenda? Orrin Hatch Says Yes".
- "There is One Story. We're Still On It".
- Thompson, Nicholas. "Thrilled that @backchnnl will soon be coming on board".