This article or section may need to be rewritten to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards, as it sounds entirely like an advertisement, with inappropriate external links, no references, irrelevant/non-notable fact and heavy NPOV. (May 2012)
|Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee)|
Asian Seminary of Christian Ministries is regional theological education and ministry training institution of the Church of God World Missions (COGWM) and a religious higher education institution recognized by the Philippine government.
The Asian Seminary of Christian Ministries (ASCM) establishment had links to the Church of God Bible Academy (COGBA) which was established in 1973 by Arthur W. Pettyjohn. A concept of a theological education institution of the Church of God in Asia and Oceania was made by Gerald Holloway, a Church of God missionary to the Philippines who worked with the Church of God in Asia and more particularly with the COGBA. Through Galloway's efforts the Asian School of Christian Ministries (ASCM) was founded in 1980. By then offering typical four year undergraduate theological education programs such as the Bachelor of Theology (B.Th) and Bachelor of Christian Education (B.Ce).
The Church of God World Mission garnered support for the ASCM in the United States which led to the intervention of the Church of God YWEA stepped in which launched a four-storey building project in Makati, Metro Manila in 1981 that would permanently house the Asian Seminary of Christian Ministries. Aside from Filipinos, students from Tuvalu, Kiribati, and Fiji of Oceania, as well as those from India, China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and Mongolia were sent to ACSM.
In 1995 the Philippine government through its Department of Education granted permission and recognition to all of ASCM's undergraduate and graduate programs. The same year the Asia Theological Association (ATA) and the Association of Theological Education Institutions in South East Asia (ATESEA) gave accreditation status to ASCM. With the accreditation status ASCM became eligible to offer doctoral level programs. The Master of Social Work program producing government licensed Church workers in the Church was opened in 2010.
- Commission on Higher Education
- Association for Theological Education in South East Asia (ATESEA),
- Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS)
- American Theological Library Association (ATLA)
- Board of Theological Education of the Senate of Serampore College (BTESS) in India.
- Asia Theological Association (ATA), Philippine Association of Bible and Theological Schools (PABATS)
- Asia Graduate School of Theology (AGST) consortium.
- "Member Schools". Association for Theological Education in South East Asia. Archived from the original on 1 May 2012. Retrieved 13 May 2012.