الاتحاد الليبرالي العربي
|Dr. Mohammed Ouzzine|
|Dr. Mahmoud Al-Alaily|
|Part of a series on|
The Arab Liberal Federation (ALF; Arabic: الاتحاد الليبرالي العربي) is a network of liberal political parties, organizations and activists from Arab countries. It was formed in 2008 in Cairo under the name of Network of Arab Liberals (NAL). Wael Nawara of the Egyptian El-Ghad Party was elected as a first president. The network was renamed The Arab Alliance for Freedom and Democracy in 2011, reacting to the negative connotations that the term 'liberal' has in some Arab countries. In March 2016 the Alliance was renamed to its current name using the term 'Liberal' as ideological identification.
In March 2016, ALF met in the Tunisian capital, Tunis, to elect new leaders.
Dr. Mahmoud Alaily of FEP (Egypt) was elected as President, and Mohamed Ouzzine of MP (Morocco) was elected as Secretary General.
- 2008 - 2012: Dr. Wael Nuwwara - El-Ghad Party - Egypt
- 2012 - 2016: Saed Karajeh - Free Thought Forum - Jordan
- 2016 - : Dr. Mahmoud Alaily - Free Egyptians Party - Egypt
- Political parties
- Other organisations and individuals
- Free Thought Forum
- Mohamed Arslan, former MP
- Freedom Forum
- Meinardus, Ronald (28 November 2011), "High Hurdles for Egypt's Liberals", Daily News Egypt, retrieved 28 April 2014
|This article about a political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|