|Launched||July 4, 2012 (block)|
April 1, 2019 (channel)
|Closed||March 4, 2019(block)|
|Network||Cartoon Network (2012–2019)|
|Owned by||Teletoon Canada, Inc.|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to letterboxed 480i for the SDTV feed)
|Sister channel(s)||Cartoon Network|
|Bell TV||Channel 334 (SD)|
Channel 428 (HD) 
|Available on most cable providers||Channel slots vary on each system|
|Bell Aliant Fibe TV||Channel 351 (SD)|
Channel 523 (HD)
|Bell Fibe TV||Channel 334 (SD)|
Channel 1334 (HD)
|Bell MTS||Channel 241 (SD)|
Channel 1241 (HD)
|Optik TV||Channel 9449 (SD) |
Channel 449 (HD)
|SaskTel||Channel 80 (SD) |
Channel 380 (HD)
|HuronTel Digital TV||Channel 306 (SD)|
|VMedia||Channel 82 (SD)|
|Zazeen||Channel 162 (SD)|
|STACKTV||Internet Protocol television|
Adult Swim (stylized as [adult swim]) is a Canadian English language specialty channel, based on the American programming block of the same name, that features animated and live-action shows targeting primarily a 18–34 audience. The network is wholly owned by Corus Entertainment subsidiary Teletoon Canada, Inc. under a brand licensing agreement with WarnerMedia.
The channel launched on April 1, 2019, replacing Action.
Programming block (2012–2019)
Adult Swim first launched in Canada on July 4, 2012 as the late-night program block on Cartoon Network (then jointly owned by Corus Entertainment and the former Astral Media), much like its American counterpart. Prior to the block's launch, Adult Swim programming was seen after-hours on Teletoon as part of its adult-oriented program block, Teletoon at Night. Adult Swim programming was also carried in French on sister network Télétoon as part of its own adult animation block.
The block primarily aired original shows from the U.S. version, as well as shows acquired from other sources. Several shows from its American counterpart were noticeably absent due to program rights; Rogers Media-owned G4, and Bell Media's Comedy and Much have broadcast a selection of them. From September 1, 2015 until Fall 2017, Adult Swim programming would air exclusively on the Canadian block as part of the expansion of Cartoon Network, following the closure of Teletoon Retro.
SVOD service (2016–2018)
In March 2016, [adult swim] Games launched an over-the-top subscription streaming video on demand service for Android and iOS devices that allowed viewers to watch Adult Swim's original programming, including several series that weren't seen on the Canadian block. New episodes were added to the app as soon as they premiered in the United States.
Due to program rights and licensing, several series, such as Mike Tyson Mysteries, Childrens Hospital, Fox animated sitcoms, and shows broadcast on Adult Swim's anime and action-oriented Toonami block in the U.S., weren't available on the service. Originally, Rick and Morty and Robot Chicken premieres were only added after they air in Canada. Beginning with its third season, new episodes of Rick and Morty were added the next day after their American premiere. In 2017, new episodes from Samurai Jack's fifth season were added two days after they premiered on Toonami, while other new premieres from Adult Swim in the U.S were added the day after they aired. The service was removed from app stores in November 2018.
TV channel relaunch (2019–present)
On March 4, 2019, it was announced in a press release that Action would be replaced by a full-time Adult Swim channel. This marks the first time that the Adult Swim brand has been used for a 24-hour channel. The channel launched with a two-month free preview on linear television beginning April 1, 2019, a high-profile day for the U.S. network due to their annual April Fools' Day scheduling, on-air pranks, and premieres. As a result of the relaunch, both Cartoon Network and Teletoon would discontinue their respective adult programming blocks on March 3, 2019, and April 1, 2019, and focus exclusively on family-oriented programming; Télétoon's adult block remained unchanged. With the rollout of the Adult Swim channel, full episodes of the channel's programming were made free to watch on-demand until January 2020.
The network launched exactly at midnight (six hours earlier than had been listed for Action's final night of programming in guide listings) with a simulcast of the American network's April Fools programming; the premiere of the anime-inspired tennis parody Gēmusetto Machu Picchu.
Adult Swim carries the majority of programming seen on its American counterpart, including original adult animation and live-action comedies including pilots and special programming, and shows acquired from networks such as the Fox Broadcasting Company. To fulfill Canadian content requirements, the channel also airs reruns of original programming seen on the former Teletoon at Night block and carries over Action's morning block of made-for-TV movies.
Shows announced for the channel's launch include Rick and Morty, Robot Chicken, Tim & Eric's Bedtime Stories, The Eric Andre Show, and Lazor Wulf, the latter of which was announced to premiere day-and-date with the U.S service.
- American Dad!
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force
- Black Dynamite
- Bob's Burgers
- Check it Out! with Dr. Steve Brule
- The Eric Andre Show
- Family Guy
- Fugget About It
- Harley Quinn
- Joe Pera Talks with You
- King of the Hill
- Momma Named Me Sheriff
- Mr. Pickles
- Off the Air
- Rick and Morty
- Robot Chicken
- Samurai Jack
- Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!
- The Venture Bros.
- Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell
- 12 oz. Mouse (TBA, shown on promos)
- Doomsday Brothers (TBA)
- John Callahan's Quads! (TBA)
- Night Sweats (TBA, shown on promos)
- Titan Maximum (TBA, shown on promos)
As a network
- Apollo Gauntlet
- Black Jesus
- The Cleveland Show
- Dream Corp, LLC
- Frisky Dingo
- Gēmusetto Machu Picchu
- The Greatest Event in Television History
- Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
- The Heart, She Holler
- Hot Package
- Hot Streets
- The Jellies
- Lazor Wulf
- Loiter Squad
- Mostly 4 Millennials
- Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter
- Saul of the Mole Men
- The Shivering Truth
- Space Ghost Coast to Coast
- Tender Touches
- Tim & Eric's Bedtime Stories
- Tropical Cop Tales
As a programming block
- 2 Nuts and a Richard
- Assy McGee
- The Awesomes
- Axe Cop
- The Brak Show
- Crash Canyon
- Fat Guy Stuck in Internet
- Golan The Insatiable
- Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil
- Moral Orel
- Napoleon Dynamite
- Perfect Hair Forever
- Sealab 2021
- Stone Quackers
- Tom Goes to the Mayor
- Xavier: Renegade Angel
- CNW TELETOON Canada Inc. and Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. Bring Cartoon Network and Adult Swim to Canada in 2012 Teletoon Canada Inc. press release February 2, 2012
- "Check it: Cartoon Network to launch in Canada - July 4, 2012".
- Wilford, Denette (February 2, 2012). "Cartoon Network, Adult Swim Coming To Canada". Huffington Post. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- "G4 Launches ADd - Adult Digital Distraction". Newswire. June 8, 2009. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- "Fall is Fresh on Much with Exclusive Season Premieres of Hit Series TOSH.0 and SOUTH PARK, beginning September 3". Bell Media Press Room. 2013-08-26. Retrieved 2014-05-14.
- "Childrens Hospital on MUCH". Archived from the original on 2014-04-01. Retrieved 2014-05-14.
- "Newsreaders on MUCH". Archived from the original on 2014-05-10. Retrieved 2014-05-14.
- Pay and Specialty - Cartoon Network (formerly TELETOON Retro (English)), CRTC Financial Summaries, 06-23-16
- O'Brien, Greg (11 August 2015). "Corus to shutter Teletoon Retro in favour of Cartoon Network". CARTT. Retrieved 11 August 2015.(subscription required)
- "Corus Entertainment's Cartoon Network Expands Distribution to Over 5 Million Subscribers" (Press release). Toronto: Corus Entertainment. September 3, 2015. Retrieved September 12, 2015.
- "Adult Swim Announces New SVOD Service In Canada". March 2, 2016. Retrieved April 2, 2016.
- "You can now legally stream Rick and Morty and other Adult Swim Shows in Canada". March 2, 2016. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved April 2, 2016.
- "Odds & Ends: Haikara-San sequel doubtful for theatrical, Chunibyo cancelled, Canadian Adult Swim app dies, Crunchyroll's top fall titles". November 17, 2018. Retrieved March 26, 2019.
- First Ever 24-Hour Adult Swim Channel Coming to Canada This Spring Newswire 2019-03-04
- TV Schedule for Action - East|TV Passport