Chiang: 50–60% 60–70% 70–80% 80–90%
Conlon: 50–60% 60–70%
|Elections in California|
The 2014 California State Treasurer election was held on November 4, 2014, to elect the State Treasurer of California. Incumbent Democratic Treasurer Bill Lockyer was term-limited and ineligible to run for re-election to a third term in office.
A primary election was held on June 3, 2014. Under California's nonpartisan blanket primary law, all candidates appear on the same ballot, regardless of party. In the primary, voters may vote for any candidate, regardless of their party affiliation. The top two finishers — regardless of party — advance to the general election in November, even if a candidate manages to receive a majority of the votes cast in the primary election. Washington is the only other state with this system, a so-called "top two primary" (Louisiana has a similar "jungle primary"). Democrat John Chiang and Republican Greg Conlon finished first and second, respectively, and contested the general election, which Chiang won.
- Greg Conlon, businessman and Certified Public Accountant
|Poll source||Date(s) |
|Margin of |
|GQR/American Viewpoint||October 22–29, 2014||1,162||± 3.3%||52%||34%||14%|
|Field Poll||October 15–28, 2014||941||± 3.4%||46%||35%||19%|
|Field Poll||October 27–31, 2014||467||± 4.8%||52%||26%||22%|
- Phil Willon (February 1, 2014). "Money pours into campaigns for candidates seeking statewide posts". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 9, 2014.
- "Official certified list of candidates" (PDF). Treasurer. California Secretary of State. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-05-14. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- Jed Ziggler (January 16, 2014). "Ellen Brown: Why I Am Running for California Treasurer". Independent Political Report. Retrieved March 9, 2014.
- "State Treasurer" (PDF). California Secretary of State. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-03-09. Retrieved March 8, 2014.
- "Statement of Vote June 3, 2014, Statewide Direct Primary Election" (PDF). California Secretary of State. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-08-04. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- "Statement of Vote November 4, 2014, General Election" (PDF). California Secretary of State. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- California State Treasurer election, 2014 at Ballotpedia
- Campaign contributions at FollowTheMoney.org
- Official campaign websites