University of Cyprus
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||University of Cyprus|
|Sponsor||University of Cyprus|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Cyprus|
|Actual use||Very popular in Cyprus|
|Registration restrictions||Limited to Cyprus residents and registered companies/organizations; various restrictions for different subdomains|
|Structure||Registrations are taken at third level beneath some second-level labels|
|Documents||Legislation on .cy domain names|
.cy is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Cyprus. Registration is limited to residents of Cyprus or companies and organizations registered with the government there; the personal or business registration number is required on registration. Some additional restrictions exist for various subdomains, but .com.cy is unrestricted to Cypriot entities.
Second level domains
- ac.cy - Academic and research institutions.
- net.cy - Internet or Network service providers.
- gov.cy - Governmental institutions.
- org.cy - Not for profit organisations.
- pro.cy - Professional organizations.
- name.cy - Natural persons.
- ekloges.cy - Organizations or persons related to elections.
- tm.cy - Officially registered trademarks.
- ltd.cy - Private and public limited companies.
- biz.cy - Any other registered company.
- press.cy - Organizations and entities connected to the press.
- parliament.cy - The Cyprus Parliament and associated entities.
- com.cy - Commercial entities (unrestricted registration for Cypriot entities).
- centralbank.cy - Central Bank of Cyprus
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|