|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registry||Electronic and Postal Communications Authority (AKEP)|
|Sponsor||Electronic and Postal Communications Authority (AKEP)|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Albania|
|Actual use||Very popular in Albania, also used elsewhere. Sometimes used in the State of Alabama.|
|Registration restrictions||Free for anyone, some restrictions apply only on second level domains (ex: .com.al) which are allowed only for Albanian Citizens and Businesses registered in Albania|
|Dispute policies||Disputes must be with registrant alone; NIC disclaims all legal responsibilities|
|Registry Website||.al AKEP|
.al is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Albania. It is administered by the Electronic and Postal Communications Authority of Albania (AKEP). Anyone may register a .al domain, provided the site does not promote nor engage in the violation of human rights, harm children, or violate the laws and Constitution of Albania.
Albanian domains can be registered through AKEP, AKEP accredited registrars and many international domain registrars. Domain names should be between 2 and 63 characters. Although the Albanian language has a number of special characters, the registry has not enabled the use of IDN characters.
2nd level registrations
In the past, registrations were not permitted directly at the second level, but a few existing names were "grandfathered"; they were uniti.al, tirana.al, soros.al, upt.al and inima.al.
In November 2014 the registry released two character domain names allowing for free landrush.
3rd level registrations
Registrations used to be only beneath the second-levels, i.e., .com.al, .net.al, .org.al, and .edu.al labeled appropriately for the type of organisation, but many now exist directly below .al.
The .al zone has no official whois server.
- "Kush jane domainet .al qe nuk mundi ti rregjistroj ?". akep.al (in Albanian). Electronic and Postal Communications Authority (AKEP). Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- marin. "Domains Application Form". www.akep.al. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- "A.K.E.P." www.akep.al. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- IANA .al whois information
- AKEP Electronic and Postal Communications Authority (AKEP)
- Host.al Accredited Registrar (Host.al)
- WebHost.al Accredited Registrar (WebHost.al)
- IRegister Accredited Registrar (IRegister)
- EderHost.com Accredited Registrar (EderHost.com)
|This Internet domain name article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|